Sound Blaster X-Fi vs Audigy 2

For what use? X-Fi is a much better card, but if you're just gaming and casually listening some music, Audigy 2 will do all you would ever need.

_xxx_ said:
For what use? X-Fi is a much better card, but if you're just gaming and casually listening some music, Audigy 2 will do all you would ever need.

Yes basically gaming and to listen to some music. Right now I am using the integrated chip on my MSI motherboard so virtually anything would be an improvement.

You said X-Fi is a much better card. Can you actually hear a difference in sound quality and 3D sound compared to Audigy 2?

Fred da Roza said:
Yes basically gaming and to listen to some music. Right now I am using the integrated chip on my MSI motherboard so virtually anything would be an improvement.

You said X-Fi is a much better card. Can you actually hear a difference in sound quality and 3D sound compared to Audigy 2?

tbh only if you use headphones or headsets alot. Speaker quality on the other hand will mean more no matter what card you use.

Any Audigy can put out analog audio quality that pushes what humans can perceive. In fact, unless the audio solution is noisy or really destroys the signal most people have a hard time telling the difference between solutions at all.

X-Fi will be a complete waste of money unless you play games that support it's special features AND use headphones. It really isn't going to be noticeable otherwise. Music would be equally well served by a cheap Envy24 board, or almost any board honestly. You just need good signal quality. Hardware acceleration does nothing for music.

Speaker quality is far more important than the audio card in most situations. Unless your audio card just sounds horrible.

Well it sound like everyone is in agreement, X-Fi isn't worth the money unless you use headphones. Even then maybe not. Thanks for your feedback. Audigy 2 it is.

Back