Sony Q3 (Calendar Q4) Results - NPS profits...

Europe is Sony's largest market, by far.

Would you be so kind as to detail how you arrived at "largest market". I won't even comment on the "by far" bit. It might also help if you could clarify what you are defining as "Europe" since there are many different classifications that are thrown about.

I'm pretty sure I recall a GAF breakdown which suggested that for Sony the US was slightly greater than a 50% share for both hardware and software.

We get this overshipped nonsense every time the ps3 does well. It's quite funny to be honest.

Indeed. It's not as though Sony can just pull these figures from the air. They are a publically traded company that would be open to all kinds of censure for falsifying shipment figures, so even the suggestion that they are doing some creative accounting to make the PS3 shipments look greater than they are is just ridiculous.

....1000 cashback?....

That'll work ;) Where can I get this magical cashback deal? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. It's not as though Sony can just pull these figures from the air. They are a publically traded company that would be open to all kinds of censure for falsifying shipment figures, so even the suggestion that they are doing some creative accounting to make the PS3 shipments look greater than they are is just ridiculous.

That'll work ;) Where can I get this magical cashback deal? :p

Stating that they are a publicly traded company and would therefore not restate is the ridiculous premise and yet I see it mentioned ALL the time. There is nothing illegal about going back in history and restating which is what Sony has in fact done before regarding PS3 shipments. I believe as far as the PS3 is concerned this only happened once, at most twice, and very early in its lifespan. The idea that companies fear regulators is even more ridiculous...

The most recent quarter is down YoY 6.3 vs 6.5, yet we are to believe that they will sell more this quarter than they did last year where they were clearly beyond major shortages.
Hmm youve answered your question, last year they had shortages in the first quarter (terrible timing since they had a number of large titles coming out during that period), but shipped 2.2 million, ideally they would of liked to have shipped more to meet demand perhaps 3+ million.
Last Jan ps3 NPD was 276900, well see how it compares this year.

Back