Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

It's a case of how small an area needs to be native and how quickly it can diminish. You can have 240p minimum res on the outskirts, but anything from a 3% max-res area to a 20% max res area where you need a larger buffer zone for slower eye-tracking response. The better the tracking, the tighter the foveated render target area, the greater the savings. Hopefully we can move from the 50-100% power gains to 400-1000% gains, tending towards theoretical peak benefits.

Reactions: snc
I wonder if i' a near future frame generation could become good enough to render only one eye image at 60fps and AI generate left eye frames for example.

But can you really ? I was under the assumption that flash bangs are bright enough through your eye lids you will be blinded?
They could lit only 10% of the screen super bright. When the eyes tracker detected you closed your eyes.

Just a theory

Haha lol, I think its just feature to „improve” gameplay, not neceserly hardcore simulation :d
lol yea, I was just thinking how bright some things truly are. I recall reading that the nuclear bomb tests were so bright that even when the sailors were told to turn around and look at the ground, they could see through their eyelids and see through their hands and see the bones.

I can't imagine anything that bright.

Is this that important ? Understand somebody is interested in oled and eye tracking for 550$ but pc enthusiast with rtx 4090 propably are more interested in some highend 1k+ new future valve headset.

It's an amazing for the price given it's specs. Sure you can (or at least will soon be able to) get better on PC in certain aspects (e.g. better picture with the Crystal, better form factor with the BSB) but as an all round package the PSVR2 is easily one of the best headsets out there, and for the price it's incredible. I would very likely get one if it were released on PC to replace my old Rift CV1.

Back