Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be similar to their initial 2013 reveal for PS4 where they mainly talked about the specs/hardware. Interesting that they are going right after Microsoft released the specs...I think it's probably because the info Microsoft revealed yesterday allowed them to game out the pricing scenario.

Right on the heel of Series X specs announcement ey, something tells me Sony ain't scared one bit. I mean you don't just strategically announce a 9.2TF console a minute after your competitor's 12 TF beast, you wanna one up it with something greater (12.4, 13.3TF?), that'll be the smart thing to do and that's what this is all about. Sony waited for every single spec details of XSX and then strike for the kill, what a terrifying ki Sony has...
Well, on the back of my posts and some others, it definitely is interesting that Sony waited until MS revealed pretty much everything except pricing.
There is also a big question here: Announcing something so close to MS would suggest that indeed they are pretty confident that they have something that can at least match what their biggest competitor is doing - or perhaps they're confident that they can undercut them on price? Who knows.
If they weren't this confident, then they could easily have used a little break, allow people to think of something else, and come out at a later stage.
Exciting times!
I just want to see some of their big games running with RT and features we can expect from next gen.

For what looks like being the most boring console hardware ever when it comes to future discussion, certainly the pre-release period hasn't been at all boring. They've managed to make launching a console into a sport. You kinda have to pick to sides at this point to be able to wear the appropriate cap, scarf and T-Shirt and boo when the opposition makes a good move. ;)

Well, on the back of my posts and some others, it definitely is interesting that Sony waited until MS revealed pretty much everything except pricing.
There is also a big question here: Announcing something so close to MS would suggest that indeed they are pretty confident that they have something that can at least match what their biggest competitor is doing - or perhaps they're confident that they can undercut them on price? Who knows.
If they weren't this confident, then they could easily have used a little break, allow people to think of something else, and come out at a later stage.
Exciting times!
I just want to see some of their big games running with RT and features we can expect from next gen.

Well there's also the idea that by going right after your competitor you drown out the coverage on their product and shift the attention on your product.

Exciting times!
Just as long as they don't throw a curve ball and not revealing the TF count, but I think that's a very very tiny possibility.

I wish I didn't see this tweet. Now it's going to take forever to get to this reveal when if I didn't know it would of been a fantastic surprise much like the Xbox reveal yesterday.

The most important of the console will be the price, I heard rumors of 800-1000 but I supposed that it will be about 400-500. Anyway, console for 600 and middle-range of Nvidia/AMD for 400€... This looks rare.

For other hand, I am very happy for nmve and SSD, I can't live with them.

uhhhm... help me out - is the reveal in 2 hours, or in 26 hours?
Too bad i'm prohibited to go out and buy me some popcorn :\

I think it's been mentioned that Sony planned to do this at GDC.
If that's the case then it would be more reactionary not to do it tomorrow.

I think they had always planned to do it tomorrow, the MS reveal has just allowed them to make some tweaks if it's not pre-recorded already.
Be funny seeing a hard cut where he said TF value.

For what looks like being the most boring console hardware ever when it comes to future discussion, certainly the pre-release period hasn't been at all boring. They've managed to make launching a console into a sport. You kinda have to pick to sides at this point to be able to wear the appropriate cap, scarf and T-Shirt and boo when the opposition makes a good move. ;)
An ID software dev thinks is awesome. Shifty RT evolved is coming!.

You’re not allowed to go to a supermarket?

I make popcorn myself Btw from ... corn and a bit of oil [emoji41]
hehehehe, not the best time for the presentation of a product. In that sense the timing of the Xbox Series X tech specs presentation was awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back