Some folks don't like Digital Foundry *flip-off*

I think it's fine to point out egregious examples of bad ports or games which is a good service for game consumers, but there's a fine line between that and over-analysis. Where that line is, I don't know.
They are doing a technical analysis as professionals. Thats not over-analysis. The under-analysis is what we see in pages that want clicks from fanboys.
i.e Console X version is inferior to Y end of story. Console Y wins.
On the other hand DF goes into the depths to tells us what is happening and why they are the way they are.
Sometimes you will see them praise the parity between One S and PS4 Vanilla, sometimes they will point the few occasions where the PS4 version may underperform, sometimes they will point PS4 Vanilla version runs better than One S and the One X runs better than PS4 Pro.
So how can anyone claim bias or that they are deliberately feeding the flame wars?
Thats not ture.
To me it looks like some fanboys are butt hurt that someone scientifically points what they wouldnt want to hear and some other fanboys are happy to show it off to the opposite fence for their own entertainment. Not DF's fault again

I didn't see a lot of fanboys here. About the halo video, my feeling was some people were complaining that xx minutes about lighting was not necessary. And one person was arguing with alex, but it was not a fanboy or anything imo. Not a big deal.

I can’t tell you how many people in the movie industry were laughing at them back in 2006 (I think they did this, if it wasn’t them it was those using their techniques) when they tried to determine the resolution of movies without understanding anything about film or live image capture.

Wait, what? DF did that? What for?

As I said, I’m not 100% sure it was them, but definitely those using the same techniques. It was 15 years ago ;) It’s similar behavior to the people who scream and cry when the color timing on a film is changed. Fellowship of the ring was made more green because they couldn’t achieve it chemically, and digital color grading wasn’t there until two towers. We used to call them “screenshot scientists” because they would examine each one with a microscope with zero understanding of what they were actually looking at, starting with “film is meant to be seen in motion” ;) Yes there were problems, as there are at the beginnings of any massive shift. Studios found out the hard way all those HD masters they archived from DVD sucked when actually used for HD.

It was mostly HD DVD fanboys trying to prove Blu-Ray was “Blur-ray” and that HD DVD was better to create a console style holy war.

Wait, what? DF did that? What for?
I'm not sure if that was the case unless my memory is serving me wrong.
DF back then was just Richard writing stuff on a blog with some framerate videos with a bit of pixel count results thrown in, and then sharing it here. It only started to get more indepth around 2007 after which Eurogamer started hosting DF and the team started to grow.

Back