So what anime shows are you watching?

digitalwanderer said:
london-boy said:
Just taking a break from Neon Evangelion. Episode 25 out of 26.

Can you say WEIRD
You are sooo gonna watch the movie immedietly following the next episode! :LOL:

Done, thank god. what was the point of episode 25 and 26?? i mean really....

Even after the movie, WEIRD!!!!!! :? :oops:

Don't forget that the movie (End of Eva) is a reimagining of the final couple of episodes of the series. And a better one at that. You can't just watch it once though - Trust me, you'll miss so much... And if you have it on DVD, sit through the Director's Commentary some time, it's well worth it.

Hanners said:
Don't forget that the movie (End of Eva) is a reimagining of the final couple of episodes of the series. And a better one at that. You can't just watch it once though - Trust me, you'll miss so much... And if you have it on DVD, sit through the Director's Commentary some time, it's well worth it.
yeah i wathced the whole thing and end of evangelion, had to watch that or else i wouldn't have the slightest idea of what happened.
still, what actually happened was just WEIRD. :?

All in all, a FANTASTIC series, one of the best i've ever seen. Love headfucks.

And i will definately watch the whole thing through again, cause i know that with the last revelations i was missing so many things at the beginning...

It is probably one of the best series ever, anime or otherwise.

For a second watch I'd recommend getting hold of the Director's Cut versions of the final episodes too, they add in some extra footage that brings clarity to some otherwise muddy points.

Hanners said:
It is probably one of the best series ever, anime or otherwise.

For a second watch I'd recommend getting hold of the Director's Cut versions of the final episodes too, they add in some extra footage that brings clarity to some otherwise muddy points.

Yep got them ;) i mean, i know that i'm gonna watch ep 25 and 26 now and almost understand what they meant...

Yay, batch release of Mai HiME today!

And on the topic of NGE, I actually thought the series was a drag up untill the last few eps, heh. To me it pretty much just felt like half the series were filler eps, while End of Evangelion and some of the later half were excellent.

oi said:

And on the topic of NGE, I actually thought the series was a drag up untill the last few eps, heh. To me it pretty much just felt like half the series were filler eps, while End of Evangelion and some of the later half were excellent.

Yes and it's taking me a lot of effort to convince some people to force themselves through something that looks like yet-another-big-robot thing.
I loved it from the beginning cause its direction is freaking amazing for an anime. Noticed it from the very beginnng and it was something that really stuck to my mind, the direction, "camera angles" (so to speak) and all that are just VERY VERY classy.

oi said:
Actually that was released last night....I'm a fan of the HiME too. :oops:

Good show, it's really been picking up the last few episodes and the first half of 19 I saw yesterday seems to indicate it's getting even better!

It might be considered pimping, but I highly recomend Elite Bastard's "Home Theater & Movies" forum as a must for finding new/good/recomended anime.

I should warn you though, Hanners got me into Naruto a little before xmas last year and I have just been bloody voracious since then. :?

digitalwanderer said:
I should warn you though, Hanners got me into Naruto a little before xmas last year and I have just been bloody voracious since then. :?

Ohhh, it's always my fault isn't it?! :p

Hanners said:
Ohhh, it's always my fault isn't it?! :p
Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
yep.gif

(He says, getting ready to go on a 3 episode "My HiME" binge! :D )

You're also why I'm fat and bald, but that is a much longer story.

Actually that was released last night....I'm a fan of the HiME too.

Today for me! But it seems like all my favorite chars are getting kinda screwed now though. I dunno if I've ever watched a series as filled to the top with assholes as My Hime before :)

My fave are the main girl and the guy who pretends he doesn't like her while she pretends she doesn't like him, and the cat chick who keeps squeezing the main girl's chesticles. ;)

Static Subs is almost always the first out with My HiME, and I think they have the best translation.

I haven't watched these yet, who's your fave characters?

And I guess we can start updating what we're watching right now (even tho this season is almost over), since I started this thread during the past season.

I've pretty much only been watching My Hime, Bleach and Gundam Seed Destiny. GSD recently got licensed though (GSD kinda sucks anyways so it's not the end of the world, which was the case when Gundam Seed got licensed at ep 45, hehe) so my list is pretty short :(

Edit:

I haven't watched these yet, who's your fave characters?
Well, can't really say without spoiling the last 3 eps now can I?! :)

(altho it's pretty hard to find someone who doesn't get screwed in between 19-21)

And SS's encoder was apparently working on some college project or something, which is why it's been taking ages for them to release the last 5 eps or so. I think they've aired up to ep 23 in Japan.

I am watching at the moment:

-Mai Hime, I hate the monster/mecha designs and the very dark theme of the last episodes ... but the great character design keeps me watching

-Yakitate Japan, comedy + bread baking ... weird, but it works, hilarious

-Genshiken, essential for those who dipped into the otaku culture

-Air, very emotional and touching "Gao~~"

Back