Sites for In-Depth Mobile Phone Reviews?

poopypoo

Veteran
Hey, I'm in the market for a cellphone and I'm thinking of getting a Symbian S60 phone or perhaps a UIQ phone. Therefore, I'm increasingly curious about the power of the hardware under the casings of my upcoming purchase candidates. Can anyone point me to good web resources reviewing these sort of light-smartphones in a more comprehensive manner? The camera, screen, and t9 implementation of a phone is important, sure, but what I really want to know is how applications (both productivity and to a lesser extent, games) are going to have a chance to perform on my phone. Most sites only really seem to review built-in apps, never any 3rd-party/homebrew performance...

i've found phonescoop to be invaluable when looking for a new phone. they list the specs in depth (on most phones anyway, i've found a few with ????'s here and there for some stuff) and the user reviews are useful for figuring out the annoying things. i usualy skim through the positive reviews and read the negatives through twice. with phones it's often pet peeves that destroy the experience, so you have to look at what will bother you.

also, all about symbian will give you some info on s60 phones and also has links to apps for symbian devices. pretty handy if you are looking for specific apps.

guys, thanks so much for the replies! Turns out i'm gonna need this phone sooner than I thought, so I'll be pounding those sites in the next couple of days. The best site I've found so far, for those interested, is mobile-review.com -- which is a russian site, but has an english page and it keeps rather up-to-date. It's only a review site (there's a forum but it's not particularly useful), which isn't exactly what I'm after, but their reivews are pretty impresively detailed, and they end each of the symbian phone reviews with a java benchmark suite, which has at least given me a vague idea of relative performance. And, of course the indomitable howard-forums.com... Anyway these look useful, again, thanks so much!

Back