Similar Threads

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
When creating new threads, the software will now automatically search for similar threads, using the new search capability. Not that we have a surfeit of duplicate threads or anything, but it's a low-overhead thing to enable that lets you navigate around the forums a bit better.

You'll also notice a list of similar threads underneath the Quick Reply box, at the bottom of each thread page. I'm not sure if that'll stay long-term, so feedback on it is welcome.

Can't say I like the 'similar threads' box. Seems like noise (not least because the suggestions can lack relevance!), although I'm sure I'll learn to ignore it if it stays. "Similar threads" when creating on is very welcome!

Yeah, I don't really care for it either but I don't mind trying it for a bit. What I really want is a way for it to search tags, rather than content, with a different UI near the top of the thread but minimal and out of the way, rather than near the bottom of the thread like now.

More feedback on the similar threads box at the bottom of thread is very much welcome.

Worked great for the Batman thread, showed 6 other Batman threads.

Back