Silence, what's your recommended FF plugins?

Guden Oden

Legend
As you are da man to ask about such things, I am asking you, heh heh! Getting ready to install FF1.02 soon, so I want to load up on some decent plugs too. You've always been willing to share your knowledge on this point in the past, so feel free to step up to the plate now, heh! ;)

Thanks!

my current list:

# ENABLED EXTENSIONS: (67)
Adblock 0.5.2.039 - no need to describe this one
Add Bookmark Here 0.5.3
All-in-One Gestures 0.12.4 - mouse gesture, i use it for opening new tabs, closing and moving between them, but number of option is really big and you can customize really easy
Allow Right-Click 0.1.1
Auto Copy 0.5.3 just select text and its copied.... good for quick responses on boards ;)
BBCode 0.3.7
Bookmark Backup 0.3.3
Bookmarks LinkChecker 0.6.8
Bookmarks Menu Button 0.2.3.2005012802
Calculator 0.7
Checky 2.5
ChromEdit 0.1.1.1
ColorZilla 0.8.2
Compact Menu 1.7.2
DictionarySearch 0.7 - i use it ti check some words before posting, dont want to look like totally illiterate
Diggler 0.9 pretty good, you can go higher in page by drop down menu next to adress bar....
Disable Targets For Downloads 0.9
Download Manager Tweak 0.6.5 - original DL manager sucks, this helps a bit
EditCSS 0.3.1
EMbuttons 1.1.3
Enhanced History Manager 0.5.1.00 search, sort by and other function for history....usefull
Ext2Abc 0.2.1
Ext2File 0.2.8
Favorites Converter (export) 1.0.1
Findbar Basics 1.01
FirefoxView 0.31.1
ForecastFox 0.7.1 gives you forecast and you can place it anywhere, easy to configure....i like it
FoxyTunes 1.1
FoxyTunes Skin - Aqua Bubbles Orange 2.0
play your media player and control it from Firefox (almost all media players supported), (there are more skins ;)
Google Pagerank Status 0.9.3
HiddenPrefs 0.4
Html Validator (based on Tidy) 0.5.7
ieview 0.86
Image Toolbar 0.5
Launchy 3.9.0
Leech 1.5.0+
Magpie 3.1.2
miniT (drag+indicator) 0.4
New Tab Homepage 0.1
PrefButtons 0.3.2
Print It! 0.3.1
QuickNote 0.6 good one....4 quick notes, To-Do kind of thing
ReloadEvery 0.5
ScrapBook 0.12.0 - new one i found and i like it....basically if you find site and like it, you can put i there and use offline...works kinda like bookmarks
Search Button 0.4.7
SEOpen 0.4
SessionSaver .2 0.2.1.027 - couple options, but main are 1) if browser crashes, when you start it you are back where you were 2) you can set it up to always start your browsing where you clicked "quit"
Slim Extension List 0.1
Smiley Xtra 3.1.3 - hehehe....larga database of smiley, with preview and "insert forum code button".... beats B3D smiley collection so hard its not even fair to compere
Sort Bookmarks 0.6.0
SpiderZilla 1.06
SpoofStick 1.05
Statusbar Clock 1.6.4
Tab Clicking Options 0.5
Tab X 0.5a Ultra
Things They Left Out 0.1.4.2
Toolbar Enhancements 0.16.2
TripleSelect 1.5
Tweak Network 1.0
Web Developer 0.9.3
Work Offline 0.5.3
xMirror 0.1.1 adds additional extension sites...extensionmirror.nl being top one with 600+ extensions...
Zoomy 1.2
Idn Show 0.3.1
Jump Link 1.3.1
OpenBook 1.2.0
Thumbs 0.4.1

well...thats mostly it.....some i just installed didnt have time to play with them...

Guden Oden said:
As you are da man to ask about such things, I am asking you, heh heh! Getting ready to install FF1.02 soon, so I want to load up on some decent plugs too. You've always been willing to share your knowledge on this point in the past, so feel free to step up to the plate now, heh! ;)

Thanks!

Hey Guden, you were perfectly happy with IE a few weeks ago AFAICR. What's happened?

I used FF for months before I got the new PC, mostly just because I got tired of IE losing posts for me when servers timed out after hitting the "post" button and such. If IE fixed that flaw and supported tabbed browsing out of the box I doubt I'd ever bother with any other browser; it's just not worth the bother to keep yet another program updated. Also, IE is overall much faster than FF in my experience, particulary where flash is involved.

I see no difference with flash. The only thing not working correctly here is Acrobat Reader - damn slow and hangs sometimes.

Try some of those common optimizations for FF, it makes things much faster.

F**king proxy! I'd really love Smiley xtra here @work, but it gets filtered out. Oh well, it'll work @home at least. Thanks for the tip, silence! :D

Guden do the "firefox tweaking for performance" from Dig's thread it really keep the browser fast... I have no problems with either Flash or Acrobat??? dunno why, though in my opinion acrobat was always slow, so perhaps it might have speeded up for IE users? I don't really care in principle.

Druga Runda said:
Guden do the "firefox tweaking for performance" from Dig's thread it really keep the browser fast... I have no problems with either Flash or Acrobat??? dunno why, though in my opinion acrobat was always slow, so perhaps it might have speeded up for IE users? I don't really care in principle.

The Acrobat problem forces me to use IE at work, that's a true annoyance. I _hate_ usin IE, I feel so crippled.

Druga Runda said:

urm...you mean my link to Firetune? :p

as i said, what i like with FF is extensions.... just check http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/ and you'll know why (600+ there)

_xxx_ said:
The Acrobat problem forces me to use IE at work, that's a true annoyance. I _hate_ usin IE, I feel so crippled.

which version of Acrobat?...latest is somewhat better....but i still hate when i hit acrobat links instead of regular ones....

silence said:
_xxx_ said:
which version of Acrobat?...latest is somewhat better....but i still hate when i hit acrobat links instead of regular ones....
Kicking out all the plugin bloat really helps. For 'basic'- (which would be 95% of all 'normal') use you really only need EScript.api, EWH32.api, IA32.api, Search.api and Search5.api. Drop the rest of them in the 'optional' folder. Acrobat will tell you if you need to put any of them back for encryprion, watermarking, signatures or whatever. I always uncheck the 'Load PDF in browser' option - from within Acrobat itself - as well. Much better, IMO, to have the reader pop up than to bother with inline viewing, and plugin-less it loads in like two seconds. Problem solved.

thnx...this is really GREAT....it was damn annoying before, now it works like it should. i always hated when pdf opened in browser.....

thnx again :D

Zaphod said:
silence said:
_xxx_ said:
Kicking out all the plugin bloat really helps. For 'basic'- (which would be 95% of all 'normal') use you really only need EScript.api, EWH32.api, IA32.api, Search.api and Search5.api. Drop the rest of them in the 'optional' folder. Acrobat will tell you if you need to put any of them back for encryprion, watermarking, signatures or whatever. I always uncheck the 'Load PDF in browser' option - from within Acrobat itself - as well. Much better, IMO, to have the reader pop up than to bother with inline viewing, and plugin-less it loads in like two seconds. Problem solved.

That "Load PDF in Browser" unchecking is great, thanks! Never bothered looking at the options really...

Guden Oden said:
I used FF for months before I got the new PC, mostly just because I got tired of IE losing posts for me when servers timed out after hitting the "post" button and such. If IE fixed that flaw and supported tabbed browsing out of the box I doubt I'd ever bother with any other browser; it's just not worth the bother to keep yet another program updated. Also, IE is overall much faster than FF in my experience, particulary where flash is involved.

the IE shell Maxthon does all you want + saves forum posts before you post them with 1 plugin. If you go back, the plugin which is an extended editbox, has a recovery function of what you wrote.

ad-block, popup block, etc, is built in from scratch.

Here's how the that plugin looks like:

Back