Should I always be polite here?

digitalwanderer said:
I'd argue that. I know quite a few 6 year olds who are much more mature than me! ;)

I also know a few 6 yrs old who are more mature than you and KILER! :devilish:

Ah, but do you have the audacity to go and teach about 25 of them for a couple of hours a week? ;) (Yeah, I'm a teacher volunteer....I gotta go in today. :rolleyes: )

digitalwanderer said:
Ah, but do you have the audacity to go and teach about 25 of them for a couple of hours a week? ;) (Yeah, I'm a teacher volunteer....I gotta go in today. :rolleyes: )

You can relate to them much better... ;)

BlueTsunami said:
Be polite everywhere except the Console forum. Thats been dubbed the "Thunder Dome".

Yeah. The Console Forum is where i get spanked very hard most of the time by anyone who needs a quick fix.

BlueTsunami said:
Be polite everywhere except the Console forum. Thats been dubbed the "Thunder Dome".
Aha!

John Reynolds said:
I have no interest in 3D but I sure do care about this website
I don't care about this site anymore, I just don't like wasting time. The rest of your post is both amusing as well as currently unrelated (except for historical reasons, though I'm sure the B3D staff love reminiscing about it since you brought it up). Almost all of my "complaints" thus far (since I left) are perfectly legit, though they may not be to B3D loyalists as well as those that disagree with the way I reacted when leaving this site. Don't mix this up.

Me jealous? Yeah, right.

Well i'm sure this post will die in the millions of posts that get ignored on here, but it would be nice, for once, to know what the problem REALLY is, Rev. Cause usually i just see your posts, you complaining about "something"... and not really understand what the problem seems to be.

Well except for when you complain about threads being too gay, that's quite self-explanatory.

Reverend said:
I don't care about this site anymore, I just don't like wasting time. The rest of your post is both amusing as well as currently unrelated (except for historical reasons, though I'm sure the B3D staff love reminiscing about it since you brought it up). Almost all of my "complaints" thus far (since I left) are perfectly legit, though they may not be to B3D loyalists as well as those that disagree with the way I reacted when leaving this site. Don't mix this up.
"Don't mix this up"? As in "confuse the issue" or as in "start a fight"? :-|

Me jealous? Yeah, right.
I don't think jealous is quite the right word, more like you miss the authority and the limelight.

Wait, maybe that is jealousy...although it also could be regret I reckon. :???:

digitalwanderer said:
"Don't mix this up"? As in "confuse the issue" or as in "start a fight"? :-|
What I meant was that I'm not sure if John dislikes the posts (i.e. the "complaints") I have made here (and therefore basically dislikeing me, judging by his posts in response to my posts recently) after I left the site is because he likes B3D, he dislikes the way I reacted upon leaving B3D or if my posts/complaints are thoroughly without merit. Or a combination of whichever.

Whatever the case, I will say to John "You're right, you win" and no longer respond to his retorts to my posts because I don't want to make a reasonably nice relationship I felt I had with him in the past deteriorate into a unfriendly one (even if it already has, the way I see it, from the tone of his posts) despite the fact that we never met each other. If this doesn't matter to him, all the better. "Period", as they say.

I don't think jealous is quite the right word, more like you miss the authority and the limelight.
Since I relinquished the EIC post to Dave, I have no authority -- I was thus no longer the "authority" but a "contributor". This much I realized when this change was forced upon me by my own personal circumstances (I'd spent far too much time on the site, to the extent my marriage suffered, which was the reason I relinquished the post... thank goodness!).

As for "limelight", the majority of those that read reviews and interviews on the Net care very little about who the reviewer/interviewer is, only the reviewed and the interviewed. There has never been any personal limelight, only the hopeful enhancement of the site's name. Which I'd hope would lead to more money for me and the rest of the B3D staff (ask them... I'd proposed how much everyone would get from the ad money).

Wait, maybe that is jealousy...although it also could be regret I reckon. :???:
There was no regret the last time I quit; I felt let-down, I finally realized what Dave didn't tell me (he wanted UK-based guys) and I cannot continue. Better for him, better for me.

My own free-website has been dead since April. I feel no compulsion to get it busy again, although I am currently getting right back into 3D. The latter interest (3D tech) does not necessarily mean the former hobby (a 3D-related website) will get busy again. There is no "desire for limelight". The only way I can gain recognition in this 3D industry -- if I seek it -- is by way of hardware or software innovations. Not by very good hardware reviews or articles or interviews. My humble opinion on the topic of "limelight".

Last edited:
london-boy said:
Well i'm sure this post will die in the millions of posts that get ignored on here, but it would be nice, for once, to know what the problem REALLY is, Rev. Cause usually i just see your posts, you complaining about "something"... and not really understand what the problem seems to be.
You are not one of those that understands me. If I say "I don't care", you will hate me.

That's probably a good thing for you insofar as your enjoyment of this site is concerned (altho' it may result in you not liking me very much). John, on the other hand, proposes to understand me (due to what'd been posted on the Internet) and tries to let you guys understand what he thinks of me, instead of letting you guys make up your own minds. Like many others (I respect, for their 3D knowledge) have done by staying quiet because they have got absolutely nothing to do with this 3D site other than being a forum partricipant.

There was no regret the last time I quit; I felt let-down, I finally realized what Dave didn't tell me (he wanted UK-based guys) and I cannot continue. Better for him, better for me.
For convenience or racism?

Reverend said:
despite the fact that we never met each other.
You've met plenty of times, just not in real life. :rolleyes:

I hate it when people use the "we never met" excuse, it's just so much bullshit. We've met, we've interacted; even though it's thru a computer network makes it no less real.

Reverend said:
John, on the other hand, proposes to understand me (due to what'd been posted on the Internet) and tries to let you guys understand what he thinks of me, instead of letting you guys make up your own minds.
No one "proposes to understand" you, what we do is form opinions based on the slice of yourself you reveal to us over the medium of internet communication.

We do make up our own minds based on whatever criteria we want, that's the beauty of it.

digitalwanderer said:
Just as soon as he apologizes for each and every time he was an ass to us, and that could take a while.

Be nice. You never know when Rev could send you money. It's nearly Christmas. ;)

Back