Services In Windows

lunarplague

Newcomer
Does anyone have a list of those that can be turned off After SP2 has been installed? Or a list of those that *Have* to be automatic.

Thank you.

Guden Oden said:
"Antispy" is a terribly stupid and misleading name, the OS isn't SPYING at all.

I've never understood why people who have paranoid delusions about the OS spying on them don't use a decent firewall? That way--no worries--as nothing accesses the network, let alone the Internet, without your say so.

As well you might agree, people need to be very careful about disabling services as one size definitely does not fit all. Some of the worst advice I ever took a few years ago came from a "tweaking site" and concerned the XP services they said were "safe" to disable: I ended up with a machine that took ~5 minutes to boot to the desktop, among other terrible results. Learned my lesson well about that. These days I only disable the services I am 100% sure I don't want and don't need and things generally work a lot better...:D

WHAT THE !!
Ok, I'll complain here.

At Beyon3D 'we' don't like big pictures and long signatures, please reduce the size of your image "lunarplague", or remove it altogether.

(I should be Moderator)

Ingenu said:
WHAT THE !!
Ok, I'll complain here.

At Beyon3D 'we' don't like big pictures and long signatures, please reduce the size of your image "lunarplague", or remove it altogether.

(I should be Moderator)
agreed.
cool pic, but pls, not here.

Back