Sequels that should have happened?

strider, forgotten worlds, shinobi, alex kidd, gunvalkyrie, gunstar heroes, earthworm jim, killer instinct, battletoads, ultima, karateka, dungeaon master, shadow of the beast, bloodmoney, sword of sodan, fighting vipers...

Earthworm Jim has had a number of sequels. Killer Instinct also had a sequel on the N64.

There is also Strider 2, Shinobi (and 3) X, Gunstar Super Heroes, Snes Battletoads and Fighting Vipers 2.

Not so much a sequel, but rather a remake of the old Lucas Arts Star Wars DOS classics (X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Dark Forces). Heck, even just an update to run on XP/Vista would be fine with me. Would be nice to play these games again in a new engine, though.

I'd kill for that :devilish: A new engine would rock! Playing with a joystick again would rock too!

Outcast 2, It was on its way to PS2 back in the day. That is I think the only game I would buy a console for...

A new X-com game would be sooo nice. And rumors indicate that the Bioshock guys might be working on it!

That would be soo sweet even it they went from turn based iso to realtime FPS/third person (I really hope they don't).

A realtime third person/FPS with armor based combat in an underwater setting would be pretty unique and amazing setting and could lead to some cool effects. I can imagine seeing a topedo, missle or whatever being launched by you or a enemy and see the particle and physic effects of the topedo/missle traveling through the water at you or away from you.

A new busido blade or zoe would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back