Senjo No Valkyria (Valkyrie of the Battlefield) : Best Cell shading ever?

Where are you in the game now ?

The story is one of its greatest appeals. I didn't see any major problem with the script. VA preference is subjective (What language did you play with ?). People in GAF seem to love it.

The voice acting is terrible. As is the script.

I suppose you're talking about English voice acting.
And script is interesting with couple of non-usual twists, and good emotional balance.
Some of the storytelling decisions are pretty brilliant like using flashbacks in the newspaper reports.

Where are you in the game now ?

The story is one of its greatest appeals. I didn't see any major problem with the script. VA preference is subjective (What language did you play with ?). People in GAF seem to love it.

OK well the story might be good, but the English voice acting is so bad, but I guess it always is in RPG's. And some of these lines are awful, for example, "Butting heads over differing opinions can be one way to bring people closer together." Cringe!

:LOL: Welkin can be corny but the overall story arc is a fun ride. I have just reached Chapter 18 (
final chapter
). The story maintained its pace and surprises throughout. ^_^

:LOL: Welkin can be corny but the overall story arc is a fun ride. I have just reached Chapter 18 . The story maintained its pace and surprises throughout. ^_^

I didn't want to know that was the final chapter.

Plus I hate episodic gaming. Why do I have to click every five minutes to watch a cutscene?

Last edited by a moderator:
:oops: I spoiler tagged it. You might want to remove my reference in the quote.

They probably have a limited budget for the game. The episodic nature and the complete freedom in saving game are lifesavers for me. This means that I can still progress with a busy schedule.

:oops: I spoiler tagged it. You might want to remove my reference in the quote.

They probably have a limited budget for the game. The episodic nature and the complete freedom in saving game are lifesavers for me. This means that I can still progress with a busy schedule.
It shouldn't be compulsory to have to click on an episode every five minutes. there's a lot of last gen stuff in this game, despite completely revamping in the gameplay.

The game UI and story telling format are indeed archaic (old-school). They didn't really bother me though.

I was absorbed in the story, or engrossed in outrunning/outsmarting the enemies during the battles.

The game UI and story telling format are indeed archaic (old-school). They didn't really bother me though.

I was absorbed in the story, or engrossed in outrunning/outsmarting the enemies during the battles.

I'm engaged in the story when I'm watching the story, not when I'm having to click on an episode every five minutes between the story.

I am engaged in the battles when I'm playing the battles, not when I have to click on the episodes every 10 minutes to play the battles.

I'm engaged in the story when I'm watching the story, not when I'm having to click on an episode every five minutes between the story.

I am engaged in the battles when I'm playing the battles, not when I have to click on the episodes every 10 minutes to play the battles.

Hmm... is it that bad ? You must not like lobster and crab where you have to get through the shell to get the meat ^_^

The battles are certainly not 10 minutes long. I stayed up the whole night to play 2 battles yesterday.

Hmm... is it that bad ? You must not like lobster and crab where you have to get through the shell to get the meat ^_^

The battles are certainly not 10 minutes long. I stayed up the whole night to play 2 battles yesterday.

OK well, I was exaggerating the length of the battles. But still...is it really needed? Why can't it be like a movie game...like NORMAL games? Where I can go to the book if I want to, but it's not this "stop start" crap.

OK well, I was exaggerating the length of the battles. But still...is it really needed? Why can't it be like a movie game...like NORMAL games? Where I can go to the book if I want to, but it's not this "stop start" crap.

Because it's Valkyria Chronicles, I suppose. They're trying to make it play out like a book. They tried something different for storytelling, some people found it refreshing. I didn't care that much for it myself, but at least I know when cutscenes are coming and they're all skippable.

Because it's Valkyria Chronicles, I suppose. They're trying to make it play out like a book. They tried something different for storytelling, some people found it refreshing. I didn't care that much for it myself, but at least I know when cutscenes are coming and they're all skippable.

But it's not different at all.

Back