sell b4 the "release date"

anyone know where i should go if i want a game as soon as the sellers receive it?

the eb i go to won't let me have my game even though i've paid for it plus tax.

anyone have good luck with bbuy selling before the release date?

I've already paid for Castlevania Order of Ecclesia (plus tax) at my eb, but i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions where i should go since i'm sure everywhere has it now.

2nd question, I know the retailers get punished by the publishers if they do this too much, but why do the publishers do that if they'd get profit quicker?

I've never understood why the publishers don't want to sell their games and make money as quickly as possible.

Some retailers do break street date but they're not supposed to do that. You shouldn't expect that as part of a retailer's service. Breaking street dates is much more common for movies.

Target or Walmart actually has been best for me, ask an employee if they can check the back for a copy and usually they'll give ya one.

Yeah Target and Walmart are usually suckers there. But I don't shop at Walmart ever so I can only go by what some friends have told me.

What state do you live in? I know of a few places in and near SF that will sell a game before the street date as long as you're not too obvious about it.

The reason publishers don't like the games being released before street date has a little to do with piracy and other things. If a game has a glaring flaw then they don't want word of mouth going around on about it. It does make it a littler harder to keep track of sales as well and there certainly is also a partnership with most major retailers to release the game on the same day in order to remain competitive.

anyone know where i should go if i want a game as soon as the sellers receive it?

the eb i go to won't let me have my game even though i've paid for it plus tax.

anyone have good luck with bbuy selling before the release date?

I've already paid for Castlevania Order of Ecclesia (plus tax) at my eb, but i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions where i should go since i'm sure everywhere has it now.

2nd question, I know the retailers get punished by the publishers if they do this too much, but why do the publishers do that if they'd get profit quicker?http://forum.beyond3d.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

I've never understood why the publishers don't want to sell their games and make money as quickly as possible.

I think it depends largely on where you live and what type of stores there are around you. For most of us, we go through big box retailers like Best Buy or smaller shops like Gamestop to pick up our copies. However, in larger cities, you should be able to find some "mom and pop" game shops that generally don't mind selling you a copy a few days early.

A friend of mine in NYC always gets his copies 3 or 4 days before the official release date.

Needless to say, I was pretty annoyed a few months back when I signed onto my PS3 and saw that he was playing MGS4 the Friday/Saturday before the release. Haha!

Back