Seeeeeeeds!!!!!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Damn it, I'm sick of seeds! I've been helping my son with his seed project and we're coming up on crunch time since it's due Friday, and I'm starting to just freaking hate seeds.

We got his display all set up, now we just need some new printer cartridges to finish the labels and we have to find about 10 more varieties of sees. :rolleyes:

Seeds, things that plants grow from. My 8 year old son has to do a project for 3rd grade, basically 25 different types of seeds mounted & labelled on a big piece of poster board.

I spent the morning cutting lil black squares out of construction paper and cutting & gluing slightly smaller green squares of construction paper on top of the black ones to make nice little presentation type frames for each seed....plus it seems an F-LOAD easier than trying to make it all pretty on the first go directly on the poster board.

This way we'll be able to mount/label all the seeds and then mount 'em on the board presentation style all pretty, I'm just a bit held up since my printer is out of ink and we're going to print out all the labels. (My wife is bringing home new printer cartridges from work, which conveniently sells them and we get a 30% discount. ;) )

We have 13 different seeds glued in place with the names pencilled in awaiting to be covered up with the printed out labels, still gotta find 12 more before Friday.

Worst case me or my wife will just run to the nearest plant store and buy a dozen packets of seed tomorrow. :)

It's actually a huuuuge stinking load of my head to get as much done as we did today, at least it's started and mapped out with a road to the finish and we have almost all the supplies and we have some time to spare.

:p

Well, seriously, what is the goal of this assignment? (Mind you, I went to a private school for so I didn't get to do such "fun" things ;) )

No clue, apparently it's another one of those "torture the parents" ones. :???:

Probably to show the kid the wide variety and diversity of seeds I'd guess, as well as learning how to make a presentation. (Which he REALLY loves making labels in photoshop for, he says typing is MUCH better than writing and I can't say I disagree with him. ;) )

Alstrong said:
so tell me again who's the one going to 3rd grade? :oops:
Aahhahahaa!

Damn, if only I could have had my dad make my schoolwork for me, I'm sure things would have been a LOT easier...

Anyway, what's the point of getting 25 kinds of seeds on a board? Does the teacher expect the kids to actually LEARN anything from that, or is it just meant as an opportunity for the good students to shine? :p

Guden Oden said:
Aahhahahaa!

Damn, if only I could have had my dad make my schoolwork for me, I'm sure things would have been a LOT easier...

Anyway, what's the point of getting 25 kinds of seeds on a board? Does the teacher expect the kids to actually LEARN anything from that, or is it just meant as an opportunity for the good students to shine? :p

Actually I believe the teacher wants to find out whose parent is better :)

<sigh>

I don't get WHAT the point of it is, alright? I just want my son to pass it. :oops:

Got the printer cartridges last night and we mounted 13 seeds, today we get the rest of them once me wife wakes up. :)

Mize said:
Heh...I read the thread title and thought the dig was stuck in a schwag rut. :)
I was for a bit, but that's another story for another thread....everything is all stocked up again and life is goodly.
ylsmoke.gif

Mize said:
Heh...I read the thread title and thought the dig was stuck in a schwag rut. :)

And I really thought he's about to plant some weed. Seems like noone got my comment above, though...

digitalwanderer said:
I was for a bit, but that's another story for another thread....everything is all stocked up again and life is goodly.
ylsmoke.gif

¡No he tenido ninguno por más de 12 meses y me siento grande!

Really. First time since about sixth grade too.

_xxx_ said:
And I really thought he's about to plant some weed. Seems like noone got my comment above, though...
Way, WAAAAY too much of a bust!

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. I can take a misdemeanor, but I will not commit no felonies that put my family at risk! :???:

digitalwanderer said:
Way, WAAAAY too much of a bust!

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. I can take a misdemeanor, but I will not commit no felonies that put my family at risk! :???:

Sure, was just kidding. Still there are many lonely meadows out there... I once had a very nice year from 4 plants I had in the wild ;)

Back