S.T.A.K.E.R. Lost Alpha

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by DavidGraham, Apr 30, 2014.

1. DavidGraham

Veteran

The latest and biggest mod for S.T.A.K.E.R. is already out.

The X.Ray engine has been upgraded with all the bell and whistles of modern graphics tech, CG quality lighting, every thing is shadowed, and I mean EVERYTHING, even grass and small plants (the alpha sprites) are shadowed from the sun and flash lights. Muzzle flashes also cast shadows, whether from the player or the NPCs, same for explosions. the game now is at the same level as Meteo 2033 shadows wise.

It is amazing how the game looks as of right now, best of all it is completely free of charge.

One catch though, the game is only single-threaded, can't use more than one CPU core no matter what, so performance is modest, even at with the highest GPUs, especially with MSAA, alpha to coverage and grass density set to max.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

2. Florin

Florin Merrily dodgy
    Veteran Subscriber

I love vampire games!

3. swaaye

swaaye Entirely Suboptimal
    Legend

Cool. I was wondering if this mod was just going to fizzle out. Definitely going to check it out!