Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

Shack News said:
In fact, it's so pretty that the frequent interruption of pre-rendered cutscenes is baffling. For some reason, the video compression on the cinema sequences is incredibly noticeable, making the pre-rendered stuff look worse than the real-time graphics. The story is also by-the-numbers: a tale of revenge that telegraphs nearly every aspect of the story.

Interesting if true, sorry I don't have a link.

Hm...a bit surprised atm?!? Crytek typically makes good gameplay games imo...but this sounds a bit...um, not so good.

Ryse is/was(?) the reason for me atm to buy a X1...

Not surprising IMO the feedback since E3 has hinted at this.... Still disappointing but not a shock... Hopefully they sort it all out for the next installment.

Wow it looks gorgeous especially the environments..can't wait to play it myself. Anyway I could see where some people may not like this type of game but considering this is a Roman style sword based game I'm not sure what people were expecting? You're not going to get Soul Calibur style fighting in a Roman style game...period. The fighting mechanics look very good considering the limited scope of the genre. I'm glad they decided to make this type of game instead of yet another FPS. Best graphics I've seen so far in a game and the sword fighting really puts all other Western style sword fighters to shame. The fighting should be a challenge on maximum difficulty.

Easy mode with full upgrades and he is complaining that game easy.
Crysis 2 was also easy on easy, but tell that about post human.

--
Heck, even Shadow Warrior has casual mode, but on Insane is the hardest game i've played this year.

Just goes to show how clueless some review sites are and that's exactly why I rarely base my purchasing decision on reviews.

BTW I think I've watched those videos about 10 times already...truly gorgeous.:oops: Crytek is definitely a force to be reckoned with going forward. Very glad they decided this path instead of current gen assets uprezzed...:LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope that we get a demo of this game, I may or may not like this combat style, but I so want to gaze at the graphics. What to do!?!?

All is not lost with Ryse. Ign liked it... they actually played it more than ten freaking minutes...

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/06/ryse-son-of-romes-redemption

Well that's certainly good news for the franchise, but personally I always knew it wouldn't be as bad as some made it out to be just from simple observation. I think for the type of game and genre that it is, Crytek has done an incredible job overall...so thumbs up to them and since I've already got mine preordered they've got my support...and not just hand waving..:smile:

You're aware the other negative previews came from people who spent like 2 hours playing it, right?

Theres nothing that says that. But what they did say was they wanted to stop after the first ten minutes. Imagine a reviewer wanting to stop playing the last of us during the first ten minutes then saying the game is trash...

Back