Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

I'd like to see more of the the chaining of attacks fight mechanics. It seems if you're good player you'll be able to mix it up like in pure fighting games like Soul Calibur. Also the dismembering of limbs though gory demonstrates the extra detail that the game designers have added to make it more realistic.

In the 900p thread just to keep this thread a bit cleaner. It was already being discussed there.

I believe the art department are making huge strides. This is how Ryse looks now -right- compared to how it used to look before (E3, left).

up.jpg

These are the images used in the comparison:

E3 build

http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/07/ryse_son_of_rome_3.jpg

Current build

http://i.imgur.com/9mV8V6c.jpg

For people interested just gonna quote the post i made in the 900p thread.
And a captured part the timestamp 1:28:15.
One timestamp says 1:28:15 and the other timestamp you mentioned show the correct timing, it is shown at 1:25:37.

I have been watching the video and this is my summary of the things Cervat Yerli said regarding Ryse and their technology.

Technologies featured in the game:

- Realistic Deep Facial Skinning.
- Complex simulations
- Physical Skin and Eye Shader.
- Corrective Blend Shapes.
- Character Cloth.
- Physically Based Rendering.
- Immersive Lighting.
- Soft bounce light on faces (Portrait style lighting).
- Wet downs (what’s a Wet Down?)
- Physically based Lighting and Shading
- All the characters share the same rig modules whether they are shown ingame or in cinematics.

The combined power of the CryEngine and Xbox One let them use feature movies technology in Realtime, and close the game between both media. He is very excited about what the Next Gen can offer in that sense.

New technology allows them to focus on the art rather than getting the art into the engine. Then can add now Hollywood spectacular effects. In Hollywood lighting is everything. They are like two years behind movies now. They were more than 10 years behind before, in previous generations.

EDIT: Sorry for the messed up writing but I was writing everything down on Word 2013 while watching the video and I copied it here directly, so the forum chose the Calibri font automatically and fixing it might take time.

Last edited by a moderator:
One timestamp says 1:28:15 and the other timestamp you mentioned show the correct timing, it is shown at 1:25:37.

I have been watching the video and this is my summary of the things Cervat Yerli said regarding Ryse and their technology.

Technologies featured in the game:

- Realistic Deep Facial Skinning.
- Complex simulations
- Physical Skin and Eye Shader.
- Corrective Blend Shapes.
- Character Cloth.
- Physically Based Rendering.
- Immersive Lighting.
- Soft bounce light on faces (Portrait style lighting).
- Wet downs (what’s a Wet Down?)
- Physically based Lighting and Shading
- All the characters share the same rig modules whether they are shown ingame or in cinematics.

The combined power of the CryEngine and Xbox One let them use feature movies technology in Realtime, and close the game between both media. He is very excited about what the Next Gen can offer in that sense.

New technology allows them to focus on the art rather than getting the art into the engine. Then can add now Hollywood spectacular effects. In Hollywood lighting is everything. They are like two years behind movies now. They were more than 10 years behind before, in previous generations.

EDIT: Sorry for the messed up writing but I was writing everything down on Word 2013 while watching the video and I copied it here directly, so the forum chose the Calibri font automatically and fixing it might take time.

Just write "wet down" on google images... :oops:

Safe search is bored :LOL:
:smile: I was bored too til I observed what I saw in Bing, then I went like.... well... Bing is my default search engine, believe it or not. I've decided to do things differently and... the moral is:

Be careful what you wish for

looks more like upgrade than a downgrade...just look at the character models the skin and shading is much better than the e3 built.

Back