[Rumour] PS3 games..Sony doing a little shopping?

Hopefully its not by who ever made kotor 2 . It was so bad and any pc user can tell you it had to be the worse port ever .

KotoR 2 was made by Obsidian and apparently they were *very* rushed by Lucasarts to finish it sooner than it could have been finished. Obsidian are apparently working on Neverwiter Nights 2 now, and some other game too after that, and they turned Lucasarts down when they approached them for KotoR 3 sequel. Who is developing K3 at this point is unknown, but it's probably not Obsidian or BioWare (or Lucasarts internally, as they apparently tried but decided against it)

Re: Please, return back to GAF along with all the other fanb

Proforma said:
So what you are saying really is that you belong on GAF and not on this board where people actually know something here.

This isn't GAF, sorry it just isn't.
Wow, really? I thought it was GAF, despite the fact it said B3D. I was lurking here for years before ever registering in 2003. What exactly did I post that you take issue with anyway? This forum is chock full of techies, but no one here knows anymore about "speculation" than anyone over at GAF. That's all I posted in that reply, speculation. Based on the facts (that Sony has the significant advantage in userbase, and has already leveraged it extremely effectively once), why don't you offer an actual rebuttal. At least people here usually do that, right? Maybe I should have just made a worthless response to your post without actually addressing the topic as well. :oops:

I respect a lot of posters here, which is why I tend to listen more than speak when it comes to hardware. Since 2001 or so, I've totally fallen off the hw map. Pana can vouch for this. So I know little relative to the vast wealth of knowledge here. But since I've been a gamer from the mid-80's, I feel I have more than enough to contribute on the trends this industry follows. IOW, bite me. :p

fulcizombie said:
Believ me,this guy posts even MORE fanboyish stuff on GAF.He is one of the trully hardcore sony fanboys.

..and since we are talking about sony,isn't that the same company that hired an English CEO to save them from bankruptcy???I don't know but with the recent ,below expecations,retail performance of the psp(both in Japan and the U.S) and with only the playstation bramd keeping sony alive,they must feel some pressure at SCEE esp. after Kutaragi was rejected from becoming the next CEO.
LOL! And you call me fanboyish. I'm a Sony "fanboy" who doesn't even have a PS2 anymore, and currently owns a GC. I'd like to think I'm an equal-opportunity hater. I like Sony b/c they've clearly been doing the right things lately. That 80M userbase doesn't come as a fluke. I was a Nintendo fan back in their heyday. Liking a company that's doing well doesn't make you a fanboy. Just b/c I bash Nintendo (deservedly so) doesn't make me a fanboy. I've watched a company I once loved throw away marketshare like it was going out of style. I will show no restraint in taking them to task, period. But I suppose that makes me a fanboy. :rolleyes:

If you want to talk about fanboys, look at your last paragraph. WTF does Sony Corp.'s financial problems (a long-running saga that preceded the PS2 no less) have to do with SCEE? SCE as a company is highly profitable. That's right...the same company Kutaragi runs. It's not like KK has run his company into the ground. He's not the reason Sony's been stupid about MP3s and Minidiscs and other proprietary formats. Ooops, but I'm a Sony fanboy, so I shouldn't be bashing their hw decisions, right? If you had hald a clue or read half my posts at GAF, you'd know I have no problem criticizing Sony's stupid decision with stuff like memory sticks, ATRAC or their ridiculous pricing policy for the PSP. If something ain't right, I call it out, period. I don't care who makes it. It's not like Sony is paying me or anything, so what allegiance to I have to them. The PS line is the ONLY Sony products I like. Suprising, no? As a consumer electronics company, I damn near despise Sony. Overpriced, proprietary crap that's usually inferior to other items on the market. If I do buy something Sony, it'll usually be Aiwa, like my shelftop system I got back in 96. Oh...but I'm the fanboy. :rolleyes: PEACE.

Not really sure what these "insider" chaps are speaking of but the circles I run through speak nothing but praise for Microsoft and are already dooming Sony to second place.

I'll get specific - you won't see a single playable PS3 game at E3. I don't even think you'll see a game in video form, even if there is video shown it will be from CG render or PC hardware...

Embedded Sea said:
I'll get specific - you won't see a single playable PS3 game at E3. I don't even think you'll see a game in video form, even if there is video shown it will be from CG render or PC hardware...
Most of us here are NOT surprised by this. Actually this goes for the X360 as well. I won't be surprised by the lack of any playable X360 software to the public. Probably for 'members of the press/media under supervision'. After all, less than a month ago we pretty much have confirmation from forum devs that X360 dev kits are still alpha/beta. Unbelievable that final hardware and software running on it is ready and available for public demo in such a short span.

passby said:
Most of us here are NOT surprised by this. Actually this goes for the X360 as well. I won't be surprised by the lack of any playable X360 software to the public. Probably for 'members of the press/media under supervision'. After all, less than a month ago we pretty much have confirmation from forum devs that X360 dev kits are still alpha/beta. Unbelievable that final hardware and software running on it is ready and available for public demo in such a short span.

well if my memory serves me well they were in the exact same situation back in E3 2001 with the xbox (still on Alpha devkits in AT towers) and they had a few playable games. (bloodwake, mad dash, halo and others)

So the public were trying out XB games running on PC AT towers back then?

Wonder if they'll put out G5 towers to run the playable demos this year...

Will be... interesting to watch.

Weren't all dc launch titles made using verison 3 of the dev kit with 4 being the final or something like that ?

One thing the Xbox fanboys dont understand is that most people hate MS. And most people look at Sony as a high quality corp.
What the Sony fanboys dont understand is in the USA the Xbox 360 will sell MILLIONS in such a short amount of time that it will break all records and the PS3 wont match it.But the PS3 will sell more than they thought they would when it is released.
America is going to be the console nation, more than Japan, because most households will have 5 consoles in there living room by Xmass 2006.
All this hype crap and everybody i know is going to buy all three.

One thing the Xbox fanboys dont understand is that most people hate MS. And most people look at Sony as a high quality corp.

I think you are very wrong in this regard . Most people only know what the companys tell them to . Ask the average computer person in compusa or best buy who is buying blank cds and ask what they think of ms and you will get the , they are okay stick or depending on thier experiance the eh i wish there was a better os (if they know what that is ) out there

If you go as people if sony is a high quality corp i'm sure you will get the same reaction. Those who have had fine experiances with sony , those who have had bad experiances .

Back