(Revolution) No End Soon blog updated

They say that Nintendo policy allows them for do it, as long as it is a part of their R&D for gameplay ideas, see their first post or so.

Blogspot blogs are for amateurs with no money. Why aren't they hosting it on their own server...and why don't they at least have a nicely done front page instead of one of the Blogger preset packages? And from the length of the posts, this guy spends almost as much time blogging as he does recording. Aside from my skepticism that anyone would finance a game whose ideas were supposed to come from blog comments, it just doesn't ring true. Plus, sometimes the posts sound a little goofy--hard to put a finger on it sometimes.

I'm not saying it's definitely false. I'd put it about 9 to 1 odds, as opposed to all the other "definitely 100% false" blogs I've seen. I think people are giving it credibility mainly because they want it to be credible, and it's giving out far more 'information' than anyone else out there.

Interesting...

Now who has a good image reconstruction/zooming algo at hand to see what symbols are on the back of the rev ?!

c_k_i_t said:
the pic show that the Rev does has some vents!
Of course it's going to have vents. Even the NES has vents!

Anyway, the cases demonstrated so far are most likely just mockups and only meant to illustrate what the console is going to look like, not be an accurate representation of finished units.

So what are everyone's guesses on this blog then? It should be confirmed wether its fake or real in the next couple of days.

Despite the plausible nature of the blog and the fact that I want it to be real I just have a gut feeling that its a very well done fake. I hope I'm wrong though.

BTW from Mr.Inc in the comments

Few hours left, I’d like to remind everyone once more to keep a close eye on Mr.Reggie. Read the transcription as soon it’s available at several websites. Read carefully what he has said… check back for explanations within days. Check back for important new details about No End Soon at this blog within days.

…by the way…

… Final Development Kits are shipped and we’ve received them… all the developers should have them now, both big and smaller ones.

Please be aware of the purpose of this post.

Mr.Inc

I think that if they want to prove them as real without give any significant info they could just say that from what they will reveal the first letter is a "_", or to make harder the second etc..., this should be enought and without any a posteriori misinterpretations. Nice to know they will also have a email in a near future.

What they mean by
Final Development Kits are shipped and we’ve received them… all the developers should have them now, both big and smaller ones
Meybe ones that are like the console (to test) and others more powerfull for the tools too, I guess.

pc999 said:
What they mean by
Meybe ones that are like the console (to test) and others more powerfull for the tools too, I guess.

Sounds more like big (EA, etc) and smaller developers have systems, not just major developers.

Reggie must be speaking very soon now... wonder when we'll have news on the web...

Rev "news" (to be gentle)

At the end of the speech, he finally turned to Revolution, and offered little new details. However, he said that the machine would "create a democracy of ideas. It's not going to be about those with the biggest production budget."

He also indicated that publishers and developers could create "simple games" so that they could sell them at "more affordable prices if you want."

I'd have to say fake (as I have said before). There are people on this forum that could cook up a more convinceing development blog. If they are real then I'll be very suprised indeed.

I read a few development journals (not for games admittedly) and they just don't seem to go the same way this blog does. If it is real, then it is quite bad, if it's fake then it's quite good. :LOL:

Mr Inc

While the entire transcription isn’t online yet, one element of hints Mr.Reggie gave is public already.
“Imagine a games company targeting 50- and 60-year-olds. Imagine games as a treadmill for the mind instead of a playground for violence."

No Revolution news huh? Wait for the transcription please. First try to understand the hint Mr.Reggie gave there...

Oh yes don't worry we can talk now. Just follow the schedule and expect more news from different developers within week as well.

Little explanation of my previous comment, as I noticed many people didn’t understand the purpose of the comment.

As many of you supposedly heard/read today, Nintendo’s competitor have announced yesterday when they will showcase their system. This is a lot earlier than Nintendo expected, so all studio’s got informed with a last minute change about Mr.Reggie’s speech. Originally Mr.Reggie would indeed reveal MORE then he did now. A last minute change. Understandable, if you know what he would originally say.

As we were told only yesterday about this change, I couldn’t do much more than point out to keep a close eye on Reggie and read the transcription very carefully, as this was the maximum he was now allowed to do regarding Revolution details. Because of this the whole conference was shorter than originally planned. Don’t believe me? I challenge you to e-mail IGN/Gamespot or any one else who was at stage to ask how long Mr.Reggie’s speech was. It was less than 45 minutes, because a lot information has been delayed for later. I suppose we get informed about when exactly they will reveal that stuff soon.

Don’t worry by the way, as it doesn’t make a big impact for the No End Soon project. We’re still able to reveal many more things. Just keep an eye on the blog and you will know more within days.

Well they said hints, so I will give them one more chance before consider them a fake, if anyone find the trancription pliease link here.

BTW
If it is real, then it is quite bad, if it's fake then it's quite good.

Completely agree with second, and +/- with the first.

Seriously:

Now i dont know if i want E3 to arrive fast so we can finally see the games or just to see this kind of blogs to finally stop.

When someone knows something they just drop the bomb, no "ifs", no "buts". A recent example was the redesign speculation (cant remember wich was the first to inform about it) aka as DS lite. It came weeks before the offcial unvealing.

This is a lot earlier than Nintendo expected, so all studio’s got informed with a last minute change about Mr.Reggie’s speech. Originally Mr.Reggie would indeed reveal MORE then he did now. A last minute change. Understandable, if you know what he would originally say.

This is exactly what all the fake bloggers said after the last E3 when nothing was revealed about the Revolution except a shell concept and that it would have a Metroid game, and what they said after Ninty didn't show any t3h 1337 gr4fx at the last GDC. It's the easiest trick to pull to sound like you know something without totally losing all credibility..."Nintendo will reveal something HUGE tomorrow! Oh wait, they didn't, but that's because they changed their minds at the last minute, but trust me, I know why!"

This blog is teh fake.

Back