Josh Robinson's blog on PS3/XBOX360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardknock said:
Oh please, now you contridict yourself. Here you say you wouldn't trust a developer that is exclusive to sony.

But here you'll believe a PS3 exclusive dev that hints their games are the same quality of their E3 demos... Riiiiiiight....
Wrong. That was in response to this:
2. Launch games will be underwhelming. None of the games he's seen have met the standards of last years E3 "demos" (which he has verified that none but 1 or 2 were real-time).

I said multiple sources denied the above, mentioned Sony devs in conjunction with independant sources like TT (and Kojima and Mark Rein, if we were to get into it).

And its not a statement of power or quality, is it now?

Don't see any contradiction, try again next time.

Hardknock said:
The man doesn't seem to be "limited" at all.
"They proceeded to go into a lot of technical info that I don’t understand. So I just nod. "

I have doubts about this whole thing until I hear otherwise because of the tremendous effort you and others are taking to keep this FUD going. February will be a busy month for you I guess.

Wrong. That was in response to this:

I said multiple sources denied the above, mentioned Sony devs in conjunction with independant sources like TT (and Kojima and Mark Rein, if we were to get into it).

And its not a statement of power or quality, is it now?

Don't see any contradiction, try again next time.

What did Kojima show at E3? :LOL: And Mark Rein's demo of UTk7 was confirmed real-time at the show. We're talking about all the pre-rendered videos that were shown there of course. You're really grasping for straws here.

I have doubts about this whole thing until I hear otherwise because of the tremendous effort you and others are taking to keep this FUD going.

What FUD??? The man worked for Sony. :LOL:

February will be a busy month for you I guess.

I see you're getting your overtime in early.

He's an artist (not to discredit the artists, fine bunch of people they are and obviously very very important to game creation), persumably dabbled in many projects during his career.
That however doesn't give him any more credibility. Yes, he should know what the games he's making art are going to look like in general, yes, he should have a grasp on the power of the platform hes making art for.

What he really knows about what's going on with other developers, or even inside the company he works(worked?) for, is limited though, unless he really has some friends in high places inside Sony and competing companys.
From his writing it does sound what he "knows" is just heresay... the same rumours funboys post in Internet forums, the same we've already heard countless times even on these forums, only collated, not hard facts really.

Last edited by a moderator:
rabidrabbit said:
That however doesn't give him any more credibility.

The man is one of the few to have worked on final dev kits. The man works for Sony. That gives him far more credibilty than the majority people that post on this board.

rabidrabbit said:
What he really knows about what's going on with other developers, or even inside the company he works(worked?) for, is limited though, unless he really has some friends in high places inside Sony and competing companys.

Well Rabid, I don't think there's anything he stated that was outside the realm of his job description. Information like that would be easy to obtain if you're actually inside the company. And half of the stuff he stated was opinion, so what does it matter? Again he has a far more informed opinion than anyone here.

Hardknock said:
The man is one of the few to have worked on final dev kits. The man works for Sony. That gives him far more credibilty than the majority people that post on this board.

Well Rabid, I don't think there's anything he stated that was outside the realm of his job description. Information like that would be easy to obtain if you're actually inside the company. And half of the stuff he stated was opinion, so what does it matter? Again he has a far more informed opinion than anyone here.
IMO not really, he's an artist, probably working on a standard, powerful PC running Maya or whatever software. He hasn't necessarily even seen a PS3 devkit.

Hardknock said:
What did Kojima show at E3? :LOL: And Mark Rein's demo of UTk7 was confirmed real-time at the show. We're talking about all the pre-rendered videos that were shown there of course. You're really grasping for straws here.
We were talking about the viability of the E3 renders and comments made by various insider people.
Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Hardknock said:
What FUD??? The man worked for Sony. :LOL:
Are we sure he doesn't still work for Sony?
I can't believe even you would champion this. Well no, thats a lie. Because frankly, the comments sound like what you would make over at RA.
Its like he woke up and said "I'll deliver Hardknock a wetdream come true".

Hardknock said:
I see you're getting your overtime in early.
Oh snap! That would need me to be so hopelessly devoted to one companys destruction I devote 24/7 to posting FUD.
I do defend Sony alot because frankly I think the idiot FUD posted by Xbox fans (or more often, Sony haters) is overwhelming, but I don't bash MS without reason.
You however, champion MS/Xbox at all costs and are incredibly anti-Sony/PlayStation.

You take information gleaned from developers and other posters here and twist it elsewhere. lets have a look at a few highlights of your FUD campaign:
Code:
Heavenly Sword Confirmed Only 720p, Sub 30fps And Only Fp8 Hdr  * 123» 5
LET THE PS3 DOWNGRADES BEGIN
Code:
Ps3 To Launch At $600!!!!
SFAGS SUICIDING!!!!!
Code:
New Ninety Nine Nights Screenies + Video  * 12
FFVII Remake FUCK OWNED by a launch game

Heh, just looking at this I realise its worthless having any meaningful conversation about Xbox or PS3 with you.

NickedYou take information gleaned from developers and other posters here and twist it elsewhere. lets have a look at a few highlights of your FUD campaign: [code said:
Heavenly Sword Confirmed Only 720p, Sub 30fps And Only Fp8 Hdr * 123» 5
LET THE PS3 DOWNGRADES BEGIN[/code]
Code:
Ps3 To Launch At $600!!!!
SFAGS SUICIDING!!!!!
Code:
New Ninety Nine Nights Screenies + Video  * 12
FFVII Remake FUCK OWNED by a launch game

Heh, just looking at this I realise its worthless having any meaningful conversation about Xbox or PS3 with you.

:oops: Thats not good

Nicked said:

Oh gawd, you had to go through 5 pages of my topics on that forum to find the few topics like this? :oops: What is the point? And you of all people know (since you post there aswell) that place is not to be taken seriously. Can't come up with facts about the topic at hand so you resort to this childishness. Pathetic. But hey I can't say I'm surprised coming from you, let's bring up some choice threads from you shall we?

My Prediction>>>>all...suck It Losers!!
Retard xbots run away from the truth!!!...:hippolol

Question Regarding The States Of Xbots..enter!!!
What roads do these retards have left?

Lets Predict The Suicide Tolls Come E3
Retard xbots in mass graves...comedy for all

Forbes Killing Xbots' Dream...great Article=great Denial
Denial isn't a river in Egypt....:reirom

Hardknock said:
Oh gawd, you had to go through 5 pages of my topics on that forum to find the few topics like this? :oops: What is the point? And you of all people know (since you post there aswell) that place is not to be taken seriously. Can't come up with facts about the topic at hand so you resort to this childishness. Pathetic. But hey I can't say I'm surprised coming from you, let's bring up some choice threads from you shall we?
I actually have no idea who those are from?

I lurk at RA but I don't post there.

The only other forum I post at apart from B3D is one for a web-based game called StarKingdoms....

So...

?

BlueTsunami said:
:oops: Thats not good

First of all, stuff like this shouldn't even be posted on this forum. Second of all if you go here: http://rei-rom.com and see the type of forum it is you'll understand. It's a pretty entertaining place if I do say so myself :p Nick obviously takes his "console wars" very seriously :LOL:

rabidrabbit said:
Oh well, there goes another "credibility"

Yeah I know right? I guess people have nothing else to concern their lives with. If you can't address the points, attack their "credibility". Lets get back to the topic at hand before it got intentionally derailed.

Hardknock said:
First of all, stuff like this shouldn't even be posted on this forum. Second of all if you go here: http://rei-rom.com and see the type of forum it is you'll understand. It's a pretty entertaining place if I do say so myself :p Nick obviously takes his "console wars" very seriously :LOL:
It seems like a relaxed place (I go there for scans, fwiw), but nearly all the people their have the same posting habits as at other forums, including you. Just because you speak your mind there and (lightly) moderate it here, doesn't mean much at all other than you know a forums bounds and rules.

Hardknock said:
If you can't address the points, attack their "credibility" right?.
I addressed every single point then attacked your credibility. Because of your arrogant attitude ("you'll see that I was always right ;)"). You snowballed it into an issue (which, btw, I'm still unsure as to whose quotes you posted above [edit; done a search at RA - I think I'm insulted.]).

The thread, IMO, is on the same track it was on from post 1.

But since you so want it back on track, heres a question:
How does an artisit who freely admits that he has limited technical knowledge then come to a summation as to how long it will take for a consoles power to be utilised in the same article?

Or even better - why does an artist, who should be enjoying the enormous advance that is normal maps, proclaim that its a fad? Normal maps are a significant part of next-gen character modelling which his resume indicates he does. Every next-gen game will likely utilise them.

It seems like a relaxed place (I go there for scans, fwiw), but nearly all the people their have the same posting habits as at other forums, including you. Just because you speak your mind there and (lightly) moderate it here, doesn't mean much at all other than you know a forums bounds and rules.

It's a great place, the majority of posts are off the wall. I love it for the carefree atmosphere.

I'm still unsure as to whose quotes you posted above

They are threads you made, now you're going to act like it's not you, how hilarious :LOL:

I addressed every single point then attacked your credibility.

No you then brought something completely irrelevant from another board to some how strengthen your weak argument. But in your f@nboy mind you failed to realize it wasn't me that was making these claims. It was Josh. I've reported your post. Things like that shouldn't be posted here IMO, it serves no purposes but to start drama.

As far as your other questions, I have no problems discussing this with other posters like Rabid. But posts from you shall be ignored from henceforth.

This thread has officially gone to hell.

February can't come quick enough when maybe finally all this ****** bullshit may come to an end.

I wonder if Josh Robinson will sue Sony? I'd assume Sony would rather settle out of court rather than endure a long drawn court case that would make a lot of headlines in the video game world.

Brimstone said:
I wonder if Josh Robinson will sue Sony? I'd assume Sony would rather settle out of court rather than endure a long drawn court case that would make a lot of headlines in the video game world.

Interesting... But do you really think he'd have a case over something like this?

This thread was actually going pretty fine until some here decided to ruin it. Personally, I think everyone with negative reputation should be given some time off to cool down. Signal-Noise ratio is dropping fast again. :???:

Hardknock said:
... I have no problems discussing this with other posters like Rabid. ...
Sorry, but I do have problems, and thus I'll try to moderate replying to your posts or reading your posts from now on.
I leave this thread to higher powers.
I regret I ever participated in this... must not be good for my "credibility".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back