Resistance: Fall of Man update! BIG READ , come inside!

Im confident a 7950GX2 would do the trick.

A g80 would, easly.
Riiiiight. So these consoles should be able to do these graphics @ 60 fps 1080p, in launch titles, because a future GPU not yet relesed will be able to, and a dual-core GPU should be able to - a dual core GPU that costs more then the consoles.

Like I said, some people's expectations are a bit off! ;)

Riiiiight. So these consoles should be able to do these graphics @ 60 fps 1080p, in launch titles, because a future GPU not yet relesed will be able to, and a dual-core GPU should be able to - a dual core GPU that costs more then the consoles.

Like I said, some people's expectations are a bit off! ;)

true that !

Most relaistic glass ever seen in a game?

DSC00520rs1.jpg

No, it looks more like plexiglas (but well done). Is that a fresh screenshots, becouse it looks well graphically old...

Last edited by a moderator:
Polygon crusher, Its 1950's England. Not a land known for its bright colour palette esp in Winter when this game seems to be set. Some of those places still are not particularly bright places, in fact in winter they're gray and pretty ugly really. If it was set where i live i would expect the palette to be much brighter given i live in the tropics the light here is bright and harsh.

There are a few posters (including professional journos) over at GAF who's opinions i trust because of their post history and they are glowing in their praise of the game not just the graphics (look) but the animation and some of the environmental effects but the AI, weapons and pretty much everything else too.

There is an official resistance thread over there and you can chart the change from sort of MEH to OMGWTGBBQ game of the year. Supposedly it just gets better and better both in gameplay and graphics the further you go.

Polygon crusher, Its 1950's England. Not a land known for its bright colour palette esp in Winter when this game seems to be set. Some of those places still are not particularly bright places, in fact in winter they're gray and pretty ugly really. If it was set where i live i would expect the palette to be much brighter given i live in the tropics the light here is bright and harsh.

There are a few posters (including professional journos) over at GAF who's opinions i trust because of their post history and they are glowing in their praise of the game not just the graphics (look) but the animation and some of the environmental effects but the AI, weapons and pretty much everything else too.

There is an official resistance thread over there and you can chart the change from sort of MEH to OMGWTGBBQ game of the year. Supposedly it just gets better and better both in gameplay and graphics the further you go.

Im not talking about colors, I am talking about texture sharpness, no anisotropic filtering and extremly agrresive shadow LOD for current scene. The screenshot may be blurry but not that much as the window could be used as reference to se the image sharpness and detail. Ignore banding misscoloring due to image compression.

You see I trust what I see with my real eyes, what I see when viewing image details in image program to see past dark/blurry images. I dont trust 100% on what a poster say just becouse he has high post count and or reputation. Everyone can be biased. So you see I am never biased, I point out what looks odd/old/old-gen/next-gen without shame when I see something to point out. I am a PC gamer but that wont make me biased, If anything I am even more critic to PC games and could point out massive flaws in many PC games. You see I see things for what they are and perhaps I wish I could be like those who gets all exctied by for example the graphics in Wii Red steel.... but I cant be biased.

I praise what looks next-gen and point out what isnt next-gen.:D

Neverthless I thought that the shadow LOD for RFoM was less aggresive.

Im not talking about colors, I am talking about texture sharpness, no anisotropic filtering and extremly agrresive shadow LOD for current scene. The screenshot may be blurry but not that much as the window could be used as reference to se the image sharpness and detail. Ignore banding misscoloring due to image compression.

You see I trust what I see with my real eyes, what I see when viewing image details in image program to see past dark/blurry images. I dont trust 100% on what a poster say just becouse he has high post count and or reputation. Everyone can be biased. So you see I am never biased, I point out what looks odd/old/old-gen/next-gen without shame when I see something to point out. I am a PC gamer but that wont make me biased, If anything I am even more critic to PC games and could point out massive flaws in many games.

I praise what looks next-gen and point out what isnt next-gen.:D

Neverthless I thought that the shadow LOD for RFoM was less aggresive.

Uhm can we remember the simple fact that these shots are taken from the TV - hardly a way to get an accurate view on texture quality.

Uhm can we remember the simple fact that these shots are taken from the TV - hardly a way to get an accurate view on texture quality.

Look at screen grabs from framebuffer and then use thoose as a basis to estimate the textures res, use image enhancing in Photo shop to get it clearer. But yes thoose shoots have blurrier textures than HQ screenshots but look at the texture down the window and where is the bump mapping on the cars, ground and other things.

So thats why I asked if it was an old screen grab from an old build as some screens I had viewed before looked better in regards to thoose parts.

Seeing as lately games have been sub-30 fps, I'm not surprised that 30 fps is appreciated.

Define THAT powerful... Of course 1920x1080 @ 60 fps is possible (60+? Why on earth do you want >60 fps on a TV?), but you need less details to manage that. If you want the levels these games have, at those resolutions...well, what PC card is capable of something like this at 1920x1080 @ 60 fps? I think your expectations are way too high.

What goes around comes around. Remember Kutaragi saying something about 1080p & 120 FPS on two Displays at the same time? Here we go...

This glass is great to see. In the previews/interviews they were trumpeting the realistic glass breaking, but the only example I saw was coop gameplay footage where a window gets shot out and pieces fall roughly to the ground to disappear. Obviously they've refined things, and this does look danged realistic, especially in the way they've got depth to the cracks rather than just being 2D lines.

This glass is great to see. In the previews/interviews they were trumpeting the realistic glass breaking, but the only example I saw was coop gameplay footage where a window gets shot out and pieces fall roughly to the ground to disappear. Obviously they've refined things, and this does look danged realistic, especially in the way they've got depth to the cracks rather than just being 2D lines.

I like the deph aswel, the glass actually loks 3D when you look at the break points.

The Snow/Rain are the best done weather effects I've ever seen.

Screw the glass! Having seemingly separate particles for each snow flake/rain drop is rather impressive looking (the snow especially -- it flies around like real snow, not just falling straight down like rain). It isn't just 2d texture grids like most games, not that a 2d grid necessarily looks bad, it's just jarring when you realize it isn't as impressive as it looks (which if you look up you can see them -- in Resistance if you look up, it looks like it's snowing or raining like in the real world).

I think I'm gonna finish it tonight. GoW and this have been the first two FPS (or TPS in GoW's case, technically) that I've really enjoyed in a long time!

What goes around comes around. Remember Kutaragi saying something about 1080p & 120 FPS on two Displays at the same time? Here we go...
He said that? I think we debunked the possibility of it being refered to games and thought of it mostly as being refered to movies, or the BR ability to display high res images smoothly.

Back