Resident Evil 5

Didnt really say what was great about the game did i, just what was wrong with the demo :LOL:

Exactly. :)

I bought RE for GameCube years ago, but didn't play beyond the first level. The controls were the biggest problem, but that could be overcome as long as I see good reward/incentives playing the game.

Its one of those games that the controls grow on you, you don't immediately feel like my god the controls are perfect. Took awhile to get used to them in RE5 though. :p

Well finished it with my girlfriend last night. The game is addicting when you are playing with a friend I can tell you that. Plenty of frustrating moments, like a certain monster being quite a distance from you, yet, you suddenly get the death animation because its one hit kill, but its not supposed to happen before you are right in front of it. -.- All these problems aside though the game is a blast from start to finish.

I haven't tried the game solo so I can't tell you much if its a worthwhile experience like that but I'll give it a go soon on veteran.

The game looks pretty good, I'm no graphics expert but to my eyes it looks good. Like it was said before don't expect any longer experience than the previous resident evil's +10 hours and thats it but there's alot of things to unlock. Perhaps I'll collect the emblems next, only found 1 emblem on our first playthrough, haha.

And there's a hilarious button smash cutscene in the game which shows why chris is so buff. :D

Its so out of this planet that I couldn't stop laughing so it was hard to smash the buttons.

Finally I have the game...I can't believe, it's a joke... but the framerate, Jesus Christ, the framerate... is really terrible on ps3 :cry: I'm not talking about slowdown but dips. Dips everywhere even don't happening anything. Capcom what's going on? It seems a beta o pre alpha. I don't understand, I'm the first who have defend the demo, but really this is the better optimization you can do on ps3? REALLY? DMC 4 was a miracle? If the future is that, stop to develop game on ps3, it not deserve that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally I have the game...I can't believe, it's a joke... but the framerate, Jesus Christ, the framerate... is really terrible on ps3 :cry: I'm not talking about slowdown but dips. Dips everywhere even don't happening anything. Capcom what's going on? It seems a beta o pre alpha. I don't understand, I'm the first who have defend the demo, but really this is the better optimization you can do on ps3? REALLY? DMC 4 was a miracle? If the future is that, stop to develop game on ps3, it not deserve that.

Sorry if I doubt you (yes I remember the "Italian journalist" KZ2 posts). I'll take Digital Foundries tests which show nothing like the drama you are expressing.

Does your TV not support 720p or something? I heard some people reported problems with the 1080p/i setting.

I had no frame rate issues at 720p.

You said you thought Killzone2 had a bad frame rate too. Maybe you just don't like motion blur. It's done for the cinematic effect though it is not because of poor performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is game launching from Home from the Resident Evil 5 space up yet? Did anyone try it? Did anyone try the extras in the Resident Evil 5 space? (archive room, arcade cabinet that launches some arcade game from the resident evil 5 disc)

Tomorrow: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...on-home-resident-evil-5-game-launching-event/

Cause this Friday is a ghoulish date sure to be made more deadly when you load up your brand new copy of Resident Evil 5, meet up with your fellow Home-boys and Home-girls in-world, launch into game, and start blasting the infected like it ain’t no thang.

All you have to do is load Resident Evil 5 into your PlayStation 3 and then enter PlayStation Home. Once in-world, press Start > Game Launching > Set Up New Game > Resident Evil 5. Remember, the maximum amount of players for any Resident Evil 5 campaign is two, so reserve a space for yourself and then go find a friend in the Resident Evil 5 game space to take the second slot. After you’ve done this, you’ll be ready to descend into the waking nightmare that is Kijuju.

Serious question... sorta... in a versus match, isn't the winner just going to be the guy who stands still, ready to aim at anything walking/jogging his/her way :?: It will take time to stop, aim, then fire for the running person. :| Or.... both people reload at the same time staring each other in the face, standing still...

:?: :?:

Back