Replacement X16xx

The CC is crashing on me all the time. It doesn't seem to have a bad effect on the game I'm playing, or the movie I'm watching, but it's still irritating.

I don't keep the CC running ever, however it is installed if I want to change any settings. When I first installed Vista and initial ATI drivers, CC used to be very fast, much faster than XP beforehand. Now it's just as slow. Never had problems with crashing or video playback with it open though.

If I underclock with tray tools, does it need to be running to stay in effect?

Well turns out was nothing to do with the card, was a problem with the onboard realtek and the openal system in Vanguard. The new X1650Pro is working great, noticable difference and fantastic for the price.

Now to get a X-Fi XtremeGamer for the wife and I so Vanguard has sound again lol

Yeah but the indications of the HIS cards that normal ATI drivers don't work with them really scares me off. I'd never buy a card that required manufacturer customized drivers instead of ATI ones. And it's not just newegg reviews that mention it multiple times on multiple models.

I, for one, own that very card you wanted to buy and I am very happy with my purchase (i've owned it for a few months now). I don't know why people had issues with the drivers, but I certainly didn't. I'm not the most skilled when it comes to software either. If they don't work, I'm sure downloading them off of AMD's official site should be able to solve your problems. I'd say go for it!

Back