Reeves: 1M PS3 Pal sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
These sales threads never turn out well. Any optimism for the PS3 (deserving or not) just draws the rain clouds of the local Sony ... critics.

Sorry, but that's BS.

Being realistic has nothing to do with being a critic. If the optimism is realistic that's one thing, if it's completely out of touch with reality, like Vic's scenario, then I'll go ahead and point that out.

Vic - If you agree the pricecut is so important, why did you argue with my first post, and post something as ridiculous as: "Sorry, I'm not having that. Europe is less price sensitive than the US. And content is king."

All I said was: SALES ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH THE CURRENT PRICEPOINT.

Now you either agree with that, or you don't, make up your mind.

My only issue with your OP, was the fact you completely left out mention of a price reduction. Leading me to believe that you just "don't get it", meaning you don't realize that the market for a $600 console does not exist. I never said Uncharted, or Heavenly Sword would not help, of course they will, and I never said SOny wouldn't have a pricedrop by then, because they will.

All I said, was that you don't seem to understand the reality that exists right now, where the market for a $400 console is growing thin, and the one for a $600 console has dried up almost completely. No amount of games will change that, and that's ALL I ever said.

Sorry, but that's BS.

Being realistic has nothing to do with being a critic. If the optimism is realistic that's one thing, if it's completely out of touch with reality, like Vic's scenario, then I'll go ahead and point that out.

Vic - If you agree the pricecut is so important, why did you argue with my first post, and post something as ridiculous as: "Sorry, I'm not having that. Europe is less price sensitive than the US. And content is king."

All I said was: SALES ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH THE CURRENT PRICEPOINT.

Now you either agree with that, or you don't, make up your mind.

My only issue with your OP, was the fact you completely left out mention of a price reduction. Leading me to believe that you just "don't get it", meaning you don't realize that the market for a $600 console does not exist. I never said Uncharted, or Heavenly Sword would not help, of course they will, and I never said SOny wouldn't have a pricedrop by then, because they will.

All I said, was that you don't seem to understand the reality that exists right now, where the market for a $400 console is growing thin, and the one for a $600 console has dried up almost completely. No amount of games will change that, and that's ALL I ever said.

There you have it folks, Scooby has spoken. Anything else is BS.

I'm not saying they're lying. I'm saying it's a PR spin on bad news.

You could look at one number for the first three months of sales and think the PS3 is better than the PS2. Or you could look at the second and third month and realize that the PS2 was many times better. Whether you're talking about NA or Europe, the patterns are the same. Lots of supply to satiate initial demand, and low sales thereafter.

If they hit two million EU sales before September, then you can start making PS2 comparisons. However, there is next to zero chance of that happening. I doubt they'll go much beyond that for the year, including Christmas.

Well, the evidence is in: Sony said they would sell 6 million by the end of the year, then 6 million by the end of the fiscal year (March) and then here we are in June and they're just cresting over the 3 million mark. Not very good.

There you have it folks, Scooby has spoken.
His opinion, as he's entitled to do, no? We can check back here when certain games have been around for a while and see which of these two differeing opinions proved right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back