Red Dead Redemption

So I thought the main story's over, yet now I see that there's more left to it...wtf.
It should've ended right where it was suppose to.

Encountered my first bizarre glitch last night. During a bounty hunter mission I died and then was given the option to start from the last checkpoint. I chose that and then immediately after loading I was placed back at the spot just before the shootout starts, sitting on my horse.

However, something was completely messed with the geometry. Shooting out from the center of my character (or possibly the saddle) was randomly moving angular triangles. I looked like I was the center of a PS1 era supernova or as if someone had been doing data bending on the game files. It had no physical effect other than obscuring much of what was going on onscreen but I died pretty quickly since I could not effectively aim. After restarting the mission, the glitch disappeared.

Cheers

I had a glitch wearing the duster jacket. The duster tail of the coat was stretch about twice as big as it should have been, and it was sticking out in front of my the players body. It was like he was trying to hide a boner.

Had an issue last night when I finally got to kill Mo Van Barr for my Deadly Assassin outfit. I rode out to the area and head-shotted him in dead-eye then took at the rest of his gang. Rode over to his corpse and couldn't loot. Wouldn't give me the triangle option, wasn't caught on any terrain. Tried other corpses, same thing. Couldn't mount my horse. Basically anything in the game that used that button for action wouldn't detect in the game. All other actions were fine.

Eventually jumped off a cliff to kill myself, came back and killed him again. All fine after that.

Anyone else notice the way the characters react with foliage?
The foliage sort of conforms around their body. It looks fine, though a little odd, on small foliage.
But if you walk to the small farm behind the McFarlane Ranch and walk through the corn which is taller than Marston, the center of the corn conforms around the character and the tops do not move. It looks odd.
Has this foliage interaction been done in any other game before?

The hardcore free roam playlist is great. It should have been available from the start. If you duck you're not visible on the mini-map. So you can sneak and hunt your targets ;) With the lack of auto-aim, the gun fights are far more interesting. Hiding works incredibly well. There should be a little more to do in free roam, but I had a pretty long session that was a lot of fun, just fighting with a group of guys over a fort.

84.5%.

Somehow I'm missing a mission? 56/57. Must be that same reason why I didn't get that 90pt hidden achievement. I also have only 4/5 of the special weapons. Missing the pistol (not the luger). Also missing a hideout and 3 stranger achievements as well... sigh

84.5%.

Somehow I'm missing a mission? 56/57. Must be that same reason why I didn't get that 90pt hidden achievement. I also have only 4/5 of the special weapons. Missing the pistol (not the luger). Also missing a hideout and 3 stranger achievements as well... sigh

Go here...

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/checklist.html

Compare with me. You'll see what the extra mission is & you can go back & play just that mission. Click "Start" then "Stats" then "Missions". Go to the mission you want to restart. This will also help you find what pistol you're missing. For help on finding it use this Wiki page...

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Red_Dead_Redemption

Good luck!

Tommy McClain

I'm almost disappointed: been playing for 20 hours now and so far not a single weird glitch. I love the game, though. Liking it a hell of a lot better than R*'s gangster sims.

Anybody here working on the 100% Single Player Completion achievement? I'm trying and I'm getting close at 91% right now. May take me awhile. Those challenges and outfits can be difficult. If you've signed up for Rockstar Social Club, then go here to see how much you got left...

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/checklist.html

Tommy McClain

You know it's rare that I care to get 100% on a game, but I think Red Dead will be one of those games. I'm loving this game and really taking my time to complete it. It's like the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games to me in a way where I don't want it to end. I'm only at 43% completion at the moment, but I keep wasting time playing texas hold 'em and cheating the locals out of their money :)

I'm almost disappointed: been playing for 20 hours now and so far not a single weird glitch. I love the game, though. Liking it a hell of a lot better than R*'s gangster sims.

Had my first glitch last night. Was helping someone fight off some bandits, killed off the bandits in the area, and he wouldn't move to the next checkpoint. So I had to abandon that side mission.

Back