Real next-gen war Ken Kutaragi vs. Peter Moore

Phil said:
OMG! Believe it or not, I actually wrote somethng near identical just a moment ago, before actually deleting it and refreshing the page just to see you edited the post with the exact same idea! :LOL:

I can already see Kutaragi with cool black sunglasses (Kazuya style)... :LOL:

*Hears Mortal Combat voice in the background...*

FIGHT!

:oops: Phil you and me need to get together man, we're going to make a loooot of money.

And some awesome games in the process... (Allard in pirate attire is going to rule!)

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
xbdestroya said:
Ok check this out, the year is 2015 and Koei releases their new historical simulation: 'Romance of the Three Consoles.'

I've actually thought a fighting game based on the characters of the console world would be pretty awesome as well, a la Street Fighter vs Marvel or something. I can already see the special moves, like Kutaragi yelling in a digitized voice: "It will have 1000 times the power!" and the whole background goes black and a rain of Cell chips comes down on the enemy,though doing minimal damage.

Well you should try this
http://www.geocities.jp/sikamako2002/SF6-2i.swf

(I prefer this though)

Nah. This has all the showmanship (and choreography) of a WWE match-up.

The real battle is over next-generation standards, one that has already engaged Intel and IBM. :mrgreen:

I'm sorry, www.newgrounds.com is the king of almost every good collection of flash movies....if there's a good flash out there, it's most likely on Newgrounds....

Edit: I wonder How Sony will create PS4....will it have 3-4 CELL's with a custom-made GPU by Nvidia using CELL components? Who knows?

-Josh378

Josh378 said:
I'm sorry, www.newgrounds.com is the king of almost every good collection of flash movies....if there's a good flash out there, it's most likely on Newgrounds....

Edit: I wonder How Sony will create PS4....will it have 3-4 CELL's with a custom-made GPU by Nvidia using CELL components? Who knows?

-Josh378

I'm actually more interested in the GPU part... I would think CELL will be there, perhaps as DD3 chips, but still the same concept just with much more processing elements. This would be quite easy for Sony since they are owners of CELL. The GPUs however will change significantly over time I suppose... then there's backwards compatibility etc...

Phil said:
I'm actually more interested in the GPU part... I would think CELL will be there, perhaps as DD3 chips, but still the same concept just with much more processing elements. This would be quite easy for Sony since they are owners of CELL. The GPUs however will change significantly over time I suppose... then there's backwards compatibility etc...

What if Xenos is the right Idea (accually it's the next jump in GPU technology, just not assured about if Xenos's shaders are truly 95% efficient, I guess we'll see because this is Atl's best GPU at the moment)....could we see Programmable Shaders in CELL technology using Nvidia's asset's.....

wow, Sony and Nvidia has 5+ years to work on the GPU...I wonder what ideas will they come up with.....

Josh378 said:
What if Xenos is the right Idea (accually it's the next jump in GPU technology, just not assured about if Xenos's shaders are truly 95% efficient, I guess we'll see because this is Atl's best GPU at the moment)....could we see Programmable Shaders in CELL technology using Nvidia's asset's.....

wow, Sony and Nvidia has 5+ years to work on the GPU...I wonder what ideas will they come up with.....

Yeah supposedly NVidia is in it with Sony for the long-haul, as both companies have implied they will work together for PS4. I think the alliance between them is fairly tentative right now though, and they might yet go their different ways.

I'm interested in seeing what they would come up with also for PS4, and wonder if there would be any sort of a backtracking towards a Cell/GPU hybrid model.

The CPU will most likely be Cell scaled up to meet 'modern' demands, likely on a new revision/generation, but what really interests me is what other companies (Microsoft I guess) will come up with to combat it. With a couple of years to plan, they might come out with an interesting CPU, not to mention there will be a lot of ideas from a lot of different companies coming to market in the next couple of years for Microsoft to draw from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh378 said:

Look. :LOL: I understand the excitement but I want to know what inside the RSX first. RSX first R2D2 next.

xbdestroya said:
LOL, man I love this quote on so many levels. The foreshadowing alone leaves me in awe - and you have to give Kutaragi credit for his powers of prescience; he truly does look at things in a 'big picture' kind of way.

Just the way he says it with a mix of utter conviction and reflection though - it's so anime! Kutaragi is like the ultimate anti-hero of the console world, having taken his video game empire from nothing to full on shogunate. And now... the prophecy has come true, and he faces Microsoft on the field of battle as he saw in a vision when he was younger. Will he fulfill his destiny and drive Moore's forces back to the gates of Redmond? Or will he lie broken on the field of battle, lamenting that his skills were not great enough to defeat the tenacious Gates and his vassal Allard?
Is this the same Kutaragi tha was rejected for position of CEO of Sony???Is this the same Kutaragi that was regected from Sony's board of directors??

Is Sony the company that has billions of $$ in debt??Is this the same Sony that had to lay off 10000 people recently??Is this the same Sony that has seen its profits and market value go down the toilet??Is this the same Sony that had to hire an english manager to try and save it from extinction??

Sony coorporation's executives have probably much more serious things to fix before "killing MS".Although it would be really amusing watching Sony trying to go on an "all out" war with MS....

fulcizombie said:
Is this the same Kutaragi tha was rejected for position of CEO of Sony???Is this the same Kutaragi that was regected from Sony's board of directors??

Is Sony the company that has billions of $$ in debt??Is this the same Sony that had to lay off 10000 people recently??Is this the same Sony that has seen its profits and market value go down the toilet??Is this the same Sony that had to hire an english manager to try and save it from extinction??

Sony coorporation's executives have probably much more serious things to fix before "killing MS".Although it would be really amusing watching Sony trying to go on an "all out" war with MS....

Yea, its also the same guy who is responsible for the most successful console brand in the world. You know, that one...

Sony's actualy debt is somewhere around 8billion -- they have a lot of liabilities, but much of that comes from their financial division (if you look at any financial company they all have enormous "debt", in the trillions -- Sony only has around ~50-60B in liabilities). They aren't going to just disappear off the map next year. They are still floating and somehow they even made a profit this last quarter (I didn't think they would), and they no doubt will next quarter (holiday season), and then there will probably be a few hard quarters (PS3 launch and such) and who knows after that. Its easy to look at their financial report and assume they are in horrible trouble, but if they follow through with their plans (and BR succeeds, which it looks like it will) they will be in a much better position in the coming years.

If I liked the stock market I'd make a bet and buy a bunch of Sony stock based on their current plans -- branching out into content distribution should be very profitable (especially considering how much content they actually own), they just need to wait for the broadband infrastructure to be in place and everything else is already there (almost) -- better infrastructure than crappy 2-3mbit/s connections. However, it would still be a bet, and could just as easily fail ;)

fulcizombie said:

Fulcizomie it's a quote from 1994 - calm down.

So there's strife in the shogunate right now. Man, you'd think you could appreciate my cinematic vision for what it is instead of freakign out. ;)

Am I the only one that doesn't believe Kutaragi ever said such a thing?

I mean, I know the man says outrageous things, but that would have required a call or two to Miss Cleo.

Nice find, didn't RTF yet but the quotes given were interesting. I get the impression MS is VERY paranoid and insecure right now. Really, MS has more to be worried from Google than Sony. They are being attacked from all fronts, which I think MS doesn't appreciate. :)

<day dreaming alert!>If Apple were to form an alliance with Sony in terms of partnering in online content distribution, then that would really make it a force to be reckon with. If the PS3 could access, play and manage the music bought from iTMS, then I think it would be a boon for both companies. Both brands being well reognized for their role, just wow, MS would then have their work cut out for them in taking out Kutaragi and Jobs. <end of day dream>

Serenity Painted Death said:
Am I the only one that doesn't believe Kutaragi ever said such a thing?

I mean, I know the man says outrageous things, but that would have required a call or two to Miss Cleo.

It doesn't even matter - the game's still going to open up with a black and white flashback cutscene of exactly that moment; when Kutaragi forecast his clash of the titans with MS.

You guys better start saving up and pre-order yours; I guarantee a 9.8 on Gamespot! ;)

@DrPepper: Actually I think Apple is every bit the rival to Sony in that space as Microsoft is, though Sony and Apple do have a semi-friendly love/hate relationship with each other on the side.

xbdestroya said:
@DrPepper: Actually I think Apple is every bit the rival to Sony in that space as Microsoft is, though Sony and Apple do have a semi-friendly love/hate relationship with each other on the side.

Oh absolutely, Apple is really sticking it to Sony with their newly released iTMS Japan, even Japanese artists are signing with with iTMS (don't have the link but remember reading it from macnn.com) despite Sony's efforts.

But I think their visions overlap somewhat, Jobs named 2005 the HD era at Macworld 05 and had that Sony guy give a small, but nervous talk. I think both companies would benefit from a partnership, whether it has to do with HD content or music. Sony should just conceed to Apple in terms of the online music business because Sony just doesn't stand a chance against the iPod and iTunes.

BTW, nice quote there from the Ubisoft persident, very Canadian! :cool:

Which reminds me... I have to go skin a bear today.... :devilish:

drpepper said:
Nice find, didn't RTF yet but the quotes given were interesting. I get the impression MS is VERY paranoid and insecure right now.
MS has always been paranoid and insecure. ;)

.Sis

mckmas8808 said:
Really? Is it always involving their MS Office software? What do they have to be paranoid about?
That's just the way the company has always been. Even when they have 95% of the market, they've always acted aggressive due to their paranoia; it's somewhat a hallmark trait for Gates and Ballmer.

It's not just Office, either. Talk to Borland sometime about all the devs that have been poached by MS with huge sign-on bonuses...

.Sis

Back