RE 4 Impressions..?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC-ENGINE, what do you mean, you mean the US RE4. If so where, I have not seen where you use flashlight, now I have not played mini-games yet sooooooooooooooooooooooo

cthellis42 said:

Two things from that I will comment on:

And for those that lament the lack of strafing controls, it’s worth noting that these were originally in the control set-up, however it ultimately made the game too easy and detracted from the tension and atmosphere.
Duh

Finally in a stinging rebute to senior management, Kobayashi-san claimed that the decision to port Resident Evil 4 to the Playstation2 was not a decision of Production Studio 4.

And duh.

Its amazing that some people out there still don't realize these things... :oops:

I would like to read the whole interview though. Curse Edge and its non-digital form that must be exchanged for currency! :cry:

Bohdy said:
And duh.

Its amazing that some people out there still don't realize these things... :oops:

I would like to read the whole interview though. Curse Edge and its non-digital form that must be exchanged for currency! :cry:

The game originally had FPS controls with the samer super quick and nimble controls as you would find in a Halo title. They changed the controls and reduced aiming accuracy entirely for gameplay reasons. Not to forget FPS characters move unrealistically fast and fire with unrealistic accuracy.

Its amazing people think that RE4's controls are a flaw not just the nature on the title. Can someone develop a game intimately for 4 years then screw up the controls.

Erm... Why? They go hog-shit-wild on silly graphics and fonts or something? People just want the interview text, so they'll grab it in whatever form...

Scans, transcriptions... It'll come.

cthellis42 said:
Erm... Why? They go hog-shit-wild on silly graphics and fonts or something? People just want the interview text, so they'll grab it in whatever form...

Scans, transcriptions... It'll come.

Not on this boards. And by the way, Edge has gone really bad since the takeover, they used to be the best in the business, now thay're a stylish-looking GamePro. Or whatever it's called.

If so where, I have not seen where you use flashlight, now I have not played mini-games yet sooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nope, the flashlight makes an apearance in the main game.

I don't really see this as a spoiler, but you never know so I'll make it miniture just in case :)

You use a flashlight when you control ashley.

Yeah, it pretty much only gets used then, though. No real dark and scary ambiances the rest of the time. RE4 mainly wants to attract you with good looking environments, then throw guys at you to shoot. ;)

I'm dying to see PS2 pics of RE4, I think they can get closed to it, I wish they can use those tricks the SC: Chaos Theory guys are using, or using the extra DVD space to add to graphical quality, or fully use the VU1 and VU0.

In an interview Kobayashi said the work on the previous REs with the GC's architecture allowed Studio 4 to really begin to code to the system's metal. He said they really pushed the GC technically in many areas of RE4. Conversely, Capcom's most visual & technically appealing title imo was the real-time Onimusha 3. (complete with light scattering) I don't believe Studio 4 is porting it, many of them have jumped ship to Clover Studios anyhow. That being said, I am keenly interested in how it will look. How noticeable the texture degradation is, fps, etc.

Edit: No PS2 game will fully utilize both VU units. Also, Capcom is porting this in 10 months. Debugging, gold, & all apparently.

Li Mu Bai, Do you think PS2 version of RE4 will look almost identical (or worse) to GC? What effects do you think PS2 version will handle better or worse than GC?

Deepak said:
Li Mu Bai, Do you think PS2 version of RE4 will look almost identical (or worse) to GC? What effects do you think PS2 version will handle better or worse than GC?

I think we can safely say it won't look better than the GC version.

Deepak said:
london-boy said:
I think we can safely say it won't look better than the GC version.

"Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder." ;)

Seriously though, the art assets will be the same, so if u think a scene look beautiful on GC it will look beautiful on PS2.
Technically, i think it's very unlikely the PS2 version will look better than the GC version. Technically. Unless Capcom has been hiding something from us, but it's gonna be a tough one.

The game is beautiful anyway, cause it just is.

the ps2 version might have better color accuracy than the cube version, though. all of than banding drives me nuts. i'm loving the game, though.

the ps2 version might have better color accuracy than the cube version, though. all of than banding drives me nuts. i'm loving the game, though

Out of interest why might the PS2 version have better colour accuracy?

Teasy said:
the ps2 version might have better color accuracy than the cube version, though. all of than banding drives me nuts. i'm loving the game, though

Out of interest why might the PS2 version have better colour accuracy?

Probably the 4-bit CLUT textures...

Also don't forget the PS2 version will also have bumpmapping...

Bump-mapping/normal mapping, thought PS2 was not capable of it. Or you think Ubisoft will share their methods or emulating bump-mapping.

They need the guys that did Silent Hill 3 to give them some help. But yeah, I'm having some faith that they can pull off something wonderful on PS2. I will buy it on their as well , and hopefully, they add soem flashlight levels.

If you noted the landscape of the castle ares on RE4, there were arguably more castles than what you explored, for those of you who noted the background silouhettes.

SO yeah, if the Capcom team gets some tech advice here and there, and really burn that mid-night oil. I expect to be :oops: FLOORED

Still , im dying too see the first set of pics, soon as anyone gets one, please post it up.
Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back