RE 4 Impressions..?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Capcom do that? Where? Really, that just sounds like made up news.

They did officially deny the report. If they were having any difficulties, Capcom most certainly wouldn't want them publicized. It's really more of difficulties vs. tradeoffs in truth. And the extent of how those tradeoffs will affect how the overall product will look.

a recent re4 experience with a moral for re4 addicts:

on my 2nd time through the game, this time with an infinite launcher ('who's your daddy?'), right after killing saddler 'conventionally' and keeping that special launcher for later trading, i had just taken ashly on the long way to the jetride when, purely habbitually, i pressed y -> map, having momentarily forgotten that there's no map during the escape. well, this time, instead of getting a (blank) map i got a game lockup with the map entry selected, under the accompaniment of a constant mid-pitch buzzing sound. 'ok, no software's perfect, back to my save from an hour ago' i thought.. so i pressed the reset - zilch, the game stood there locked and the sound kept buzzing. hmm.. power-up sequence - the game accessed the mem and then greeted me with the following merry message: 'game card corrupt - reformat suggested. select 'retry', 'format' or 'no saves'.. - 'erm, retry?' - zilch. ok, that kinda bothered me. on that card i had >100h gametime from all my cube titles, many a ton of bonuses and secrets unlocked, etc. basically all my memoirs from my cube relation from last year and this winter. no big deal yet still nothing to cheer over. so i already started plotting twisted plans for salvaging whatever had remained on this card. but then, out of bitter curiosity i decided to let the cube's card-browsing software have its say about the condition of the card. well, that silly little cube's card browser merrily listed all my savegames - yep, all savegames were sitting there quietly, including all the re4 saves and systemfile. whatever the problem was, the little fella didn't consider bothering me with it, just did whatever it did and let me have my savegames. i immediately checked the goodness of the re saves with re4 itself and this time it didn' say nuthin, simply loaded from them and played on.

moral: if you get a lockup in re4 followed by an offer for reformatting, don't hurry taking it but let the cube's browser have its say.

moral': don't keep all your eggs in one basket.

Hell with that pass Ada's mission and buy the Chigao typewriter, I go kamikaze with that. Play with Krauser sucks ass(bow and arrows, lawd).
im playing now, my 5th time through

Play with Krauser sucks ass(bow and arrows, lawd).
you're nuts, that bow is awsome and his arm kills everything, even the crazy double bladed chainsaw nutjob that isn't even slowed down by a shotgun to the face. krauser was the first character i got 5 stars on every stage with because it's so easy with him.

Know what, i think i will give him another chance then. I finsihed my 5th go round. That game rocks. i pity anyone that does not own it, for real.
Peace

Still dying to see genuine PS2 shots

One area where RE4 seems to be trailing behind MGS3 is character animation, from various RE4 videos I have seen....animation isn't as good as MGS3's. In MGS3 every character moves lifelike.

Deepak said:
One area where RE4 seems to be trailing behind MGS3 is character animation, from various RE4 videos I have seen....animation isn't as good as MGS3's. In MGS3 every character moves lifelike.

Again Deepak, you have not yet played it. Though its animation is superb, I will agree & give the nod to MGS3. For the purposes of game context however, you aren't truly fighting "humans" per se. It outdoes MGS3 in many respects imo, especially environmentally.

Deepak said:
They do too in RE4. Actually, it surpases many times those of MGS3.

Have not gotten around to MGS3 as yet, but saw alot of it on CHEATS, from G4TV. The last scene fight with the Boss. That was DROOL-a-LICIOUS. Sigh, im a little tired of RE4, on my 6th try, imma shelve it, well, gotta pass all stages of the mini-games, so i lied. Over at PSInext, those guys are good too. Not as good as you guys.

But, imma say it again, KillzoneDevelopers+Hideo+Geo-Texturing= RE$-PS2 PERFECT.

I stand my my limited knowledged decision, based on what I see with my own eyes. Casue RE4 has slowdown(GASP), yeah, I played enough to know.
Peace

talyn99 said:
Have not gotten around to MGS3 as yet, but saw alot of it on CHEATS, from G4TV. The last scene fight with the Boss. That was DROOL-a-LICIOUS. Sigh, im a little tired of RE4, on my 6th try, imma shelve it, well, gotta pass all stages of the mini-games, so i lied. Over at PSInext, those guys are good too. Not as good as you guys.

But, imma say it again, KillzoneDevelopers+Hideo+Geo-Texturing= RE$-PS2 PERFECT.

I stand my my limited knowledged decision, based on what I see with my own eyes. Casue RE4 has slowdown(GASP), yeah, I played enough to know.
Peace

NEVER seen that. Guess it stands for "I might". :?

london-boy said:
talyn99 said:

Peace

I think he meant I'ma as in: One day I'ma learn to write proper English, so as not to befuddle people on that thar intraweb thingy. :LOL:

Seriously, it's an American saying; probably African American in origin.

london-boy said:
talyn99 said:

Peace

It stands for "I will" or "I am going to".

Hilo and See colon = Ignat idiots

That's half-assed ebonics for you two.
Nuff said

RE4 will be ported, so yes, it will not be half as good as it is on the Cube. All im saying is this. If it is given some TLC, It stands a chance. So to the aforementioned assholes above, if you want to take it to the playground. I can get proper on your collective asses. And I will pull down that bottle of rum to get in the mood is need be.

Elvis has LEFT teh building(Thank you very much)
Thinking to myself(frickin idiots)

Sorry London-boy, but I WILL blast those fools when they decide too reply. I need a review guidelines though. cause I will get really graphic where applicable.
Bet on it

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=i'ma&r=f

1. I'ma
Signifies "I am going to". A new wave craze popularized by Strong Bad, but with unknown origins.

talyn99 said:
Hilo and See colon = Ignat idiots

:rolleyes:
Okay!
So, why exactly are we ignorant idiots?
That description is borderline redundant, btw. ;)

talyn99 said:
That's half-assed ebonics for you two.
Nuff said

Yes, I recognize Ebonics, but thanks for trying to edumacate us. :D

Talyn, I was only joking, but it appears that you took it more seriously than it was intended, and have resorted to blatant insulting. That's okay, though; I've been flamed before. So, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you. I'm very sorry that I offended you. Aight?

But anywho...back on topic.
Due to a lack of time, I haven't been able to finish the game yet. I'm at 5-3 right now, and so far it's one of the best games I've ever played. The attention to detail in every aspect of the game is top notch all the way. I can't remember too many games that have kept me on edge almost constantly like RE4 has. I find myself with a quickening pulse and beading sweat sometimes while playing this game, and I love it! :oops: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back