RE 4 Impressions..?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teasy sure is entitled to his own opinion, but has he tried PS2's pad, i doubt it, I've tried both. PS2's better, simple as that, for RE games.
i have to disagree. i have (several) ps2->gc converters and actualy tired one out when i first started playing re4 in hopes to bring back that nastalga feeling, and eneded up going back to the wavebird. seriously, a game like resident evil where you have one main action button works perfectly with a controller with one main action button. if we were talking about street fighter i'd be talking down on the gc controller all day. it doesn't work for everything, but it works great for re4.

See colon:

How are those respond times with the Wave Bird in the quick timer events? Im refering to those quick commands promps, for example say in the Krauser fight in pro mode.

I kind of want to try the bird with RE4 but i dont know how itll respond.

Thank you.

i had no problem with it. seriously, unless you are more than, say 30 or 40ft away there isn't really any lag. imho wavebirds are THE controller this generation. the first wireless controllers to actualy work all of the time.

Teasy sure is entitled to his own opinion, but has he tried PS2's pad, i doubt it, I've tried both. PS2's better, simple as that

If I hadn't tried one I wouldn't have an opinion on it. I've tried GC, PS2 and XBox pads and the PS2 pad is easily my least favourite. I only put up with it fot a while to play one of my favourite games back when it was only on the PS2 (PES2). But I'm not going to bother saying something like "The GC pad is just better, simple as that" because I realise the difference between personal preference and fact.

Ok man thanks for the input.

Yes, definitly the best controllers this round. I dont play much with them cause they seem so delicate but great controllers anyway.

I dont play much with them cause they seem so delicate but great controllers anyway.
really? i got rediculously pissed one day and my wavebird fell acrross the room into a wall on accident... still works perfectly, but it does have a scar.

see colon said:
I dont play much with them cause they seem so delicate but great controllers anyway.
really? i got rediculously pissed one day and my wavebird fell acrross the room into a wall on accident... still works perfectly, but it does have a scar.
Yup , mine fell ... alright was thrown out a car going 45 miles an hour on the way down to florida , still works though the bottom was very scracthed up .

Its a great controler mabye the best wireless controller ever , I have 4 of them now , HOpefully they put one out for the ns5

Its a great controler mabye the best wireless controller ever , I have 4 of them now , HOpefully they put one out for the ns5
i think revolution might come with wireless as standard. not saying 100%, but with the cost of wavebirds today ($30-40) and the cost of first part xbox controllers ($30) i think it's almost a no brainer that wireless will become the norm next gen, even if it's aftermarket.

Since we're on the subject of controllers..

I'd like to point out that about 5 days ago.. in a quick fit of rage unrelated to any game.. I took my GCN controller, smashed my fist on it like a hammer 3-4 times (not minding if I break it) and then in frustration.. threw it pret-ty hard at a solid wall.

Works perfectly.

Goldni said:
I'd like to see someone trying to push those small little 'X' or stupid 'triangle' symbol buttons on the PS2 controller with both fingers as fast as you can double tapping those suckers like you can with the big ole 'A' button on the GCN controller. It was a life saver especially when *spoiler ahead* that huge as$ statue comes to life and starts chasing you or a boulder is rolling down hill at you.
...the heck? Take if from someone who's played a lot of Beatmania over the years... There is no lack of responsiveness there! :p Hitting button combinations is one of the things I would give credit to the Dual Shock over the GameCube's controller--especially since you tended to follow up the A/B hits with L/R combinations, which are MUCH easier on the Dual Shock. ;)

Plus, why on earth would you "both fingers" on either controller with the game? You'd press both buttons with your thumb. That way you don't have to move your hand and be worse at hitting the triggers if that option comes up.

Weird...

A game like Resident Evil 4 should really have NO button complaints. Is the X on Dual Shock so magically hard to hit that you need the overlarge A to feed good? Are the GameCube's triggers so slow and the game so fast paced that you NEED the extra response time of the Dual Shock's triggers to play up to par? Feh. You can develop preferences, certainly, but in neither case is it worth of real complaints.

As I said before, the thing that will drive 90% of the controller preference for RE4 comes down to the left analog control (since you use it most and there's a good amount of careful and strategic targetting you'll want to do with it) and just holding the controller in general--the "feel" most people already have their preference on.

Personally, I think both controllers will be absolutely fine for the game, with the DS likely being a bit clunkier with the analog aiming. (Though I'm not sure by how much, since I've rarely run across games that care that much yet to compare. I plan on doing my preliminary comparisons once the PS2/Xbox Monkey Balls are out. ;) ) RE4, however, is not the type of game that will tax any controller. If you already have your preference, there's really nothing about the game that will cause you to change your mind.

Evil cloud, we kinda were on topic. We were talking about RE4's translation to the PS2. If it could be ported as bood, better or nearly as good.

My bad, well, to each his own. maybe my hands are bigger than you guys hands. NExt generation, I hope they do not try to go all overly fancy with their controller though.

I guess I will have to wait til later to see if Li gonna get at my ass, lol.
Peace

talyn99 said:
Apoligies to Lu Mu Bai, SORRY dude, been a bad day. And when I came on, i felt 'attacked'. All is good, do not mean to be a thin skin.

As you can see , im an amatuer at posting, so not know how to put someone's reply and respond. Anyway, everyone do a search for Genji, tell me if you think the graphics stack up to RE4.
Peace

No problem talyn, but this board is quite knowledgeable. Knowing or researching your info before you bring it here would be wise. Or simply ask questions, there's tech. gurus, developers, & industry insiders on these forums who'll accomodate you.

Refreshment said:
See colon:

How are those respond times with the Wave Bird in the quick timer events? Im refering to those quick commands promps, for example say in the Krauser fight in pro mode.

Thank you.

I am not him but I use WaveBird 99.99% of the time for GC, it is very good 99% of the time (don't ask me for figure, just estimation), but I did have experience some lost of input during my 5 play throughs of RE4 in the QTEs with WaveBird on a pair of new energizers. May be there are too many RF devices around these days. No problem at all with the normal wired controller.

Thanks Li Mu Bai, you a good man for sure. But yea, Im trying, i saved alot of stuff(Pc acting all funny so better my my way to the Windows updates, lol).
But yes, I wanna contribute some useful stuff in the near-future.
Peace

Capcom denies CG World report on dowgraded PS2 RE4 #1
Capcom denied a previous rumor regarding to the PlayStation 2 port of Biohazard 4 being downgraded in graphic quality. The company stated that the review in the Japanese CG World magazine has never took place and the report was completely false.

Source magicbox

maskrider said:
Refreshment said:
See colon:

Thank you.

I am not him but I use WaveBird 99.99% of the time for GC, it is very good 99% of the time (don't ask me for figure, just estimation), but I did have experience some lost of input during my 5 play throughs of RE4 in the QTEs with WaveBird on a pair of new energizers. May be there are too many RF devices around these days. No problem at all with the normal wired controller.

I've found that changing the channel on my wavebird can make it operate better.(when I first got my wavebird it couldn't even operate on most of the channels, only like every 4th channel would work well)

I'm sure their idea of what constitutes a "downgrade" is different, though. Obviously there have to be trade-offs from one architecture to another. I was certain they would deny the types of rumors floating about, though.

As to the end product... well, we'll just have to see.

hey69 said:
Capcom denies CG World report on dowgraded PS2 RE4 #1
Capcom denied a previous rumor regarding to the PlayStation 2 port of Biohazard 4 being downgraded in graphic quality. The company stated that the review in the Japanese CG World magazine has never took place and the report was completely false.

When did Capcom do that? Where? Really, that just sounds like made up news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back