Rare to commit corporate suicide in sale to MS

Johnny Awesome said:
Well you see, if Metroid Prime comes out and is 9/10ths the game that Halo is I would actually agree with you. Why get an Xbox if you can get a Gamecube with a game that is 9/10ths as good and a bunch of other exclusive stuff that you want.

If you are into FPS, you should get an xbox. That is really true.

That's not really true anymore since the GC/PS2 is getting almost the same about of FPS. Turok, the Bond games, Timesplitter, etc... are all multiplatforms and each consoles have FPS(or FPA....) being developed exclusively on their respective consoles..

RaolinDarksbane said:

That's not really true anymore since the GC/PS2 is getting almost the same about of FPS. Turok, the Bond games, Timesplitter, etc... are all multiplatforms and each consoles have FPS(or FPA....) being developed exclusively on their respective consoles..

yeah, but Halo is only available on xbox. i repeat what I said about Mario. If you like a genre, go with the best.

Some people just don't get it or what?

It's very simple:

Disney/Nintendo's content *may* serve the adult market but that is NOT their TARGET.

It's order of serving your markets people!(Only talking to some of you):
"Kids, but as a broadener, we'll make it adult accessable too"
NOT:
"Adult, then kids." or "Designed from the beginning to be played by 5 - 95"

Disney/Nintendo's content *may* serve the adult market but that is NOT their TARGET.

So Eternal Darkness wasn't aimed at adults?

Yeah most of Nintendo's games are not targeted specifically at adults. Unfortunately people like you do not realise/don't want to realise that Nintendo do not target any one specific age group with most of there games. There are exceptions, like Pokemon (which I believe it aimed specifically at children) and Eternal Darkness (which is aimed specifically at adults). But for games like Mario, they are not aimed at any one age group. If they targetted kids they wouldn't bother making Mario, they'd simply make a simpler more mindless game like Crash Bandicoot over and over again. They are targetting games like Mario at people they know love Mario, (which IMO includes more 16 to 30 year olds then 5-15 year olds).. why is that so hard for some narrow minded people to grasp?

Back