Radeon image quality in AM3

Bolloxoid

Newcomer
The following pics are cropped from the screenshots in 3DGPU's AM3 article. Zoom is 300% and gamma correction is 2.0.

5600 45.33

5600_4533.png

5600 51.75

5600_5175.png

9800.png

What's wrong with the Radeon?

I think we've already been over this - they are alpha textures and there was an xS AA mode on in the FX shots.

seeming as super sampling can be done in software how easy would it be to implement a XS AA mode?

Actually I suppose the point is a bit mute as even a 4XS mode would be very slow, slower than 6x

easier render to a large texture and resize thats ignoring max texture size but in theroy thats all you need.

DaveBaumann said:
I think we've already been over this - they are alpha textures and there was an xS AA mode on in the FX shots.
I must have missed that nugget. That's no small blunder for comparative screenshots.

Pete said:
DaveBaumann said:
I must have missed that nugget. That's no small blunder for comparative screenshots.

I did too.. but I think it's true, because the grabs from DH don't show these kinds of differences as far as I can see. Any idea where that discussion might be found?

So that's the way the screenshot detection works?
Switch to xS AA for the grabbed frame?

Am I paranoid?
Can anyone prove me wrong? I hope so.

Cheers,
Mac

Back