Radeon 9800 "XT" Clues

DegustatoR said:
MuFu said:
Perhaps. I really think we'll only see "R400" in an official capacity now. None of this R390/R420/Loci nonsense. :p
Does it matter how you call it? It'll still be based on good old R300 core, even if they call it "R400" now...

Yes. "Good" being the operative word. :)

MuFu.

demalion said:
...., but I really have no desire to blame anyone but the Inquirer for their dedication to portraying themselves as knowledgeable. Extremely often, they do it by parroting what other people have discussed, and completely omitting any recognition that the source is a public forum. Therefore :arrow: :-?

I, on the other hand, am happy that there is a widely read e-publication that actually do wade through tons of forum dross in search of stuff of publishable nature. And, incidentally, has the balls to publish it too, even when bound to step on the sore toes of the high and mighty.

Here's a toast to Mike Magee, foremost of e-hacks!

Entropy

Entropy said:
demalion said:
...., but I really have no desire to blame anyone but the Inquirer for their dedication to portraying themselves as knowledgeable. Extremely often, they do it by parroting what other people have discussed, and completely omitting any recognition that the source is a public forum. Therefore :arrow: :-?

I, on the other hand, am happy that there is a widely read e-publication that actually do wade through tons of forum dross in search of stuff of publishable nature. And, incidentally, has the balls to publish it too, even when bound to step on the sore toes of the high and mighty.

Here's a toast to Mike Magee, foremost of e-hacks!

Entropy

I kinda like The INQ, sometimes when you're under NDA and go to INQ you see lots of stuff posted that you know is true. They've been spot on many times simply because they either ignore their own NDA or get info from those people under NDA.

I mean right after the R350 NDA press conference The INQ basically posted everything noteworthy that ATi had to say for an example. They did the same with some NV30 stuff and NV35.

Of course since they have pretty "shady" sources so sometimes their souces are just full of it and not a single word hold true.. but that's life ;)

Well at least they spice up things a bit. :)

A round-up of the current ATI teasers :

1. Kyle was just to ATI. He says "If you're looking for a $400+ videocard, I would wait"
2. ATI was not just showing HL2 at E3
3. Dave is being very very roundabout in his hints :). All I will say

ben6 said:
A round-up of the current ATI teasers :

1. Kyle was just to ATI. He says "If you're looking for a $400+ videocard, I would wait"
2. ATI was not just showing HL2 at E3
3. Dave is being very very roundabout in his hints :). All I will say

If ATI was indeed showing behind closed doors the '9800Pro Ultra' ;) at E3 I'm quite impressed. Typically the online media leaks out at least some small tidbits, but I've heard/read nothing....

Uh, well, technically I dunno nothing. I will say that while waiting for HL2 the door to the bottom office opened. There was a PC inside with um something ....

I will say ATI almost couldn't give away a Dell system LOL at the end of the show (like 5 people's names were called but since you needed to be present to win, they just kept drawing names :))

Back