R420 IQ Comparison

The point was to compare it to a full trilinear screen. Not to compare the 2 "adaptive" methods to each other.

Yes, but obviously in some pics the effects of full trilinear will be less obvious than in other pics. So, testing using a larger sample of cards and using various filtering methods will show even more about how quality of the pictures changes with each filtering method.

martrox said:
Malfunction said:
Ya, you can really see it in the well lit area's of the map.

See what? Are you so pointedly biased that you've gone blind? Maybe all that ranting and raving you've done all over the net has taken it toll on you visual abilities.....

WTF you gotta scream bias if you F****n blind by your own?

cit_nv17_Mal.png

Gotta the other one coming, just a sec. :rolleyes:

I do not see any difference whatsoever in this particular comparison on the issue at hand.

I trust Dave's skills and objective analysis and without saying in verbatim his comparisons are enough for me, and that is the end of that for me.

Debate and analysis are a healthy thing and I am glad that review sites on the internet have the expertise these days to dissect issues like filtering. This is a good situation for consumers in the end and keeps IHV's honest. :)

Malfunction said:
martrox said:
Malfunction said:

See what? Are you so pointedly biased that you've gone blind? Maybe all that ranting and raving you've done all over the net has taken it toll on you visual abilities.....

cit_nv17_Mal.png

The only differences in the frame is in the center of the screen on the very left side when the wall meets the ground.

EDIT I even resized to 800x600 and still see nothing.

umm dave i have a quick question .... when nvidia did this, why didnt you go this far out of your way to disprove any misinformation or am i missing something

retsam said:
umm dave i have a quick question .... when nvidia did this, why didnt you go this far out of your way to disprove any misinformation or am i missing something

I think the difference is that you could see NVidia's new method. It wasn't as good as before. Ati on the other hand has been using this new filtering for a year now and no one has been able to tell the difference.

Malfunction I see what you are referring to. The R420 image looks slightly blurrier on closer inspection in that region. My post above however is how I still feel. The difference is very small but I accept it is there.

Everyone should cool off a little though.

retsam said:

I tried asking a similar question....DemoCoder did too.....I was told such questions are not allowed on this forum :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

retsam said:

Because there wasnt any. You could see it easily IIRC.

as far as the pics are concerned, i dont see any difference in regards to trilinear filtering...but then again, i am using a lcd...

Malfunction said:
martrox said:
Malfunction said:

cit_nv17_Mal.png

i see the differences in that section as well. and there the r420 deffinately looks sharper.

i find it amusing that the ATI advocates claim that nvidias brilinear simply MUST be evaluated in motion to see the detremental effects, but when 2 screenshots of the r420 are displayed they claim the issue is over, simple as that.

so nv3x brilinear is good too ?
did we really need ATI tell us 'Brilinear is GOOD, yay!' to accept it after 1 years of nvidia bashing for using it ?

or ATI brilinear is better than nv3x brilinear in some way ?

Tahir said:
Malfunction I see what you are referring to. The R420 image looks slightly blurrier on closer inspection in that region. My post above however is how I still feel. The difference is very small but I accept it is there.

Everyone should cool off a little though.

Wow I think it's time for Lasik. I don't see jack :(

i see the differences in that section as well. and there the r420 deffinately looks sharper.

I agree but staring at these pics for minutes at a time is giving me a headache and making me go blind. :LOL:

retsam said:

Why seek to disprove if it's already been proved?.

retsam said:
I thought I remember early on that MikeC did a video to show how bad it was, and it was really bad, so there was nothing to disprove.

pino said:
so nv3x brilinear is good too ?
did we really need ATI tell us 'Brilinear is GOOD, yay!' to accept it after 1 years of nvidia bashing for using it ?

or ATI brilinear is better than nv3x brilinear in some way ?

ATi is NOT using the same algorithm that NVIDIA used in the NV3x. There are significant differences.

Back