Questions about PS2

Yes. A byte is 8 bits. For the PS2's main RAM, 32 megabytes is 32*1024*1024*8 = 268,435,456 bits large. With DRAM, at one transistor per bit, the transistor count would be about 268M. For the PS2 GPU's EDRAM, at 4 megabytes, the transistor count would be 4*1024*1024*8 ~= 33.5M.

It was the "8 transistors for one bit" that stood out to me, but it looks like the transistor count numbers in your post were fine.

Thats for Graphics Synthesizer, but what about ASIC in super slim? Not slim where is CPU + GPU, in super slim there is CPU + GPU + RAM.

Sony did combine the EE+GS+RAM in to a single chip.

Slim consoles released in 2007 with the SKU number SCPH-7900x were the first PS2's to use this combined chip.

The SCPH-7900x is used for PS2 mainboard trimming due to it using this combined chip.

I can't find any hard evidence for that, besides a bunch of people repeating something someone else said. I'm looking for either actual pictures of a motherboard, or well researched documentation, like from homebrewers or official Sony docs.

From what I can find, the motherboard used for the SCPH-7900X (790XX is technically more correct, since it ranges from 79001 to 79012) was separated into a CPU+RAM chip and a GPU chip (plus extra chips like the disc drive controller). There is a picture of it's motherboard on the PSXDEV wiki, and the largest chip near the bottom-left is the CPU+RAM (CXD2976GB), and the chip above it is the GPU (CXD2980BGB). I can find no pictures of a motherboard with combined CPU+GPU+RAM, or any reliable docmentation of a chip like that existing. The later SCPH-900XX seems to use the same pair of chips that the SCPH-790XX boards used, and is just a rearranged version of the SCPH-790XX motherboard.

Oh man, I just had a SCPH-9000x torn apart at work last week and I sold it yesterday. I just did a quick search and there aren't any really good pics I could find online, but that board is tiny. I wish I would have know and I could have taken some pics. Here's a thread from another forum that has some, though. I don't know how the board or components differ from the 7900X's, but the 9000X are the slims with the internal power supply.

I can't find any hard evidence for that, besides a bunch of people repeating something someone else said. I'm looking for either actual pictures of a motherboard, or well researched documentation, like from homebrewers or official Sony docs.

From what I can find, the motherboard used for the SCPH-7900X (790XX is technically more correct, since it ranges from 79001 to 79012) was separated into a CPU+RAM chip and a GPU chip (plus extra chips like the disc drive controller). There is a picture of it's motherboard on the PSXDEV wiki, and the largest chip near the bottom-left is the CPU+RAM (CXD2976GB), and the chip above it is the GPU (CXD2980BGB). I can find no pictures of a motherboard with combined CPU+GPU+RAM, or any reliable docmentation of a chip like that existing. The later SCPH-900XX seems to use the same pair of chips that the SCPH-790XX boards used, and is just a rearranged version of the SCPH-790XX motherboard.

I had forgotten that the Super Slim model existes, but looking that wikipedia link, when we get to 2007 the two RAM chips disappear.
If the RAM isn't on the board it can only be on one place.

Back