PSP P in september

this comes out just in time for dracula x chronicles, which is good and bad.

i hope the hell the new psp p doesn't sell out on me, that would suck ass.

I recently sold my pc-engine import, and i got 100% completion rate, and i hope they emulate it instead of porting it, even though I probably won't even play it since i've already completed it.

although i guess emulating it would might be impossible b/c of the fact there's no english version.

i'm one of the few people eagerly awaiting dracula x chronicles exclusively for the remake.

It's also coming with a 3D version of Rondo of Blood as well. The SOTN part of the collection has a new translation, and might have extras.

I like the new PSP. TV out=awesome. My mom's got bad eyes, so she'd probably wind up using the PSP as a controller and watching it on the TV.

My ideal usage scenario is myself being somewhere other than my home, having a ton of content stored on my PC and/orPS3, and being able to stream it in via remote play onto whatever screen I hook the PSP up to.
Indeed!

I envision ripping and re-incoding all my Babylon 5 and Star Trek DVDs and storing them on the PS3. Possibly on a bunch of flash cards depending on how much space the movies will take up.
Peace.

It's also coming with a 3D version of Rondo of Blood as well. The SOTN part of the collection has a new translation, and might have extras.

I like the new PSP. TV out=awesome. My mom's got bad eyes, so she'd probably wind up using the PSP as a controller and watching it on the TV.

i thought that the main part is the 3d (2.5D) remake of rondo of blood, then the extras were the turbo duo original and sotn. is that correct? i could be wrong.

i thought that the voice actors for sotn were excellent and so was the dialogue.

in fact, the dialogue between dracula and his son after his son defeated him, was among the best conversations in a video game ever, it makes you shed a tear or

hopefully, they'll add the extra areas from the saturn version that came out only in japan. that's the best thing to add, imo.

My ideal usage scenario is myself being somewhere other than my home, having a ton of content stored on my PC and/orPS3, and being able to stream it in via remote play onto whatever screen I hook the PSP up to.
Hadn't thought of that. That'd be flippin' awesome, and PSP could sell on the merit of just being a portable access point to your media! Does anyone make such a thing? If not, perhaps they should...

Hadn't thought of that. That'd be flippin' awesome, and PSP could sell on the merit of just being a portable access point to your media! Does anyone make such a thing? If not, perhaps they should...

What do you mean precisely? That you could VPN to your PC directly without accessing your PS3 first? Because you can already do it right now with the PSP to your PS3, the only missing step here is being able to connect your PSP to a screen. Of course there are several devices that allow you to VPN / VNC (including homebrew VNC client on PSP, Windows Mobile CE devices, etc.). Right now though I do kind of like how the PSP remote play features works, it's pretty good.

What do you mean precisely?
I mean VNC'ing (if that's the term :???:) to someone else's TV through a portable. You already have a store of movies at home. You already can watch them on your mobile device. The next step is you can go on holiday or 'round someone's house and watch a movie you own on your home media server, but on their TV.

I mean VNC'ing (if that's the term :???:) to someone else's TV through a portable. You already have a store of movies at home. You already can watch them on your mobile device. The next step is you can go on holiday or 'round someone's house and watch a movie you own on your home media server, but on their TV.

Well, yeah. So that's exactly what you can do with a PSP that has TV-out, because in that picture the TV-out is basically the only missing link.

Mind you, I'm still looking forward to the day where you can have the remote play setup combine with Folding@Home at least. ;) (until wake-up on lan becomes secure enough)

Well, yeah. So that's exactly what you can do with a PSP that has TV-out, because in that picture the TV-out is basically the only missing link.
Which is what I was excited about ;) Another reason to go with a PS3 PSP combo. It has to be said, Sony are in front on their own with device synergy here. Once the network aspect is fully implemented, you'll be able to browse, buy, and watch, anywhere. That's the ideal solution for the content sales model. The only thing they really need then is a WiFi network. I don't know if content sales will be enough to rent BW from all providers, across all access points? As long as you're limited by that connectivity, you content service will be crippled. I guess the other solution would be to provide mobile phone hookups and use those networks too. PSP with WiFi, mobile, Ethernet port...

Why is no-one talking about doubling in system memory (64 MB now), it holds MASSIVE importance for future game.

Why is no-one talking about doubling in system memory (64 MB now), it holds MASSIVE importance for future game.
Can it be used for games though? If it is, older PSPs are at a disadvantage, and owners ought to be informed. Buyers too, who may be eyeing the original. And the original should get a clearance price also, like 60GB PS3.

Is caching to MemStick supported? That article doesn't say so. Thinking about the RAM, I guess it might be there more for browser support than games. Dunno, but that should improving browsing a good deal.

Is caching to MemStick supported? That article doesn't say so. Thinking about the RAM, I guess it might be there more for browser support than games. Dunno, but that should improving browsing a good deal.

Oh I think it will help a good number of features, and yes browsing certainly also, though right now most pages work pretty well. But in the future, they may be able to do more flash, for instance, which is a bad memory eater, or more video streaming.

That's correct.

That's irony right?:p

thanks=)

anyways, yeah it was kind of ironic how they had such a nice conversation after they fought each other.

on the other hand, dracula actually never wanted to fight alucard.

it almost made me wonder if that was why dracula was as easy as ever, rather than that just being the way the game was programmed.

there's so many things about the story that still aren't known yet and it's probably my favorite game series ever. i wish all series continued as well as the castlevania games do.

I gotta say, other than Alucard and Dracula, the voice actors for the original version were very bad. It doesn't help there's a very audible echoing in the dubs as well.

I hope they keep the sounds Alucard makes in the middle of the game. Damn, he sounded good there.

as for the extra ram... I imagine it'll be like the X360 HD: you can use it, but it's gotta work without it as well.

pspupdates.qj.net posted an article in their blog about the new firmware that psp lite features. There is indeed UMD caching to improve load speed. Regarding the double RAM capacity, I dont't think it will be used considering the install base.

thanks=)

anyways, yeah it was kind of ironic how they had such a nice conversation after they fought each other.

on the other hand, dracula actually never wanted to fight alucard.

it almost made me wonder if that was why dracula was as easy as ever, rather than that just being the way the game was programmed.

there's so many things about the story that still aren't known yet and it's probably my favorite game series ever. i wish all series continued as well as the castlevania games do.

Yeah I like the series too, I prefer the Metroidvanias though.

Back