Nvidia annnounces Shield Android console at GDC

Same thing.

Well theres a stark difference to me, its the difference between saying "Plan9 OS is worthless" and "There needs to be more apps for it". One you can not rectifcy, the other can be solved with the continued release of new quality software.

Windows without apps is not attractive system. It's a mess. Continuum on Android was done by Motorola 4 years ago (I think). Where is it now?
Also WinPhone marketshare is very small.

On ARM Linux you can even work.

Windows will have arm apps. Considering all their phones will run arm cpus there will be a lot of apps. maybe not android /ios levels but they should still get a few hundred thousand apps and with their new porting process it may get even more.

Don't forget that Microsoft has shown they can now directly compile ObjectiveC iOS projects to Windows. If that works as advertised, it will make it much easier for developers of iOS titles to release their work on Windows.

You can use external SD card for game storage on the Shield Tablet, so I'd imagine so. Well, checking the specs the console has an SD card slot, so maybe not!

Back