Game Room

Yeah, plus 2600 releases are more for nostalgia and not really for competition. They need some better arcade games.

i didn't get into gaming till early 90's :(

Man, I knew there was something wrong with you. LOL :)

I'm playing all the demos for now, but there's probably only 1 game that I will buy(already mentioned it many times already). Wife might want to buy some, but she's finding that the $1 Indie games are a better value.

I just wished they allowed the XBLA games to be played in Game Room without having to rebuy them. I have quite a few of those already.

Tommy McClain

Man, I knew there was something wrong with you. LOL :)

I'm playing all the demos for now, but there's probably only 1 game that I will buy(already mentioned it many times already). Wife might want to buy some, but she's finding that the $1 Indie games are a better value.

I just wished they allowed the XBLA games to be played in Game Room without having to rebuy them. I have quite a few of those already.

Tommy McClain

To the dismay of many (I'm sure) I would pay the "Play Anywhere" price if I could bring my arcade XBLA titles into game room because I'm sure as hell not about to re-purchase Time Pilots...we are one game pack in and already we have the release of a title that is already in XBLA. I'm also not a fan of the need to buy our way to higher levels and achievements.

As a follow-up to a previous comment, the "News" section does give you the status of what your friends have achieved like medals and high scores.

To the dismay of many (I'm sure) I would pay the "Play Anywhere" price if I could bring my arcade XBLA titles into game room because I'm sure as hell not about to re-purchase Time Pilots...we are one game pack in and already we have the release of a title that is already in XBLA. I'm also not a fan of the need to buy our way to higher levels and achievements.

I don't mind so much that, but understand the sentiment.

BTW guess what? The 1st 2 packs in the launch had 5 titles that were already Live Arcade titles...

• Asteroids Deluxe
  • Centipede
  • Millipede
  • Scramble
  • Tempest

We're getting 1 more next week...

• BattleZone

The week after that we're getting 2 more...

• Asteroids
  • Time Pilot

That's 8 out of 46 games & 5 different packs released or announced so far.

Here's a list of coin-op titles that are already on XBLA that could make it to Game Room. Those with a * have been delisted...

• Altered Beast
  • Contra
  • Cyberball 2072 *
  • Defender *
  • Dig Dug
  • Discs of Tron
  • Double Dragon *
  • Fatal Fury Special
  • Frogger
  • Galaga
  • Garou: Mark of the Wolves
  • Gauntlet *
  • Golden Axe
  • Gyruss
  • Jetpac Refuelled
  • Joust *
  • Lode Runner
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 2
  • Metal Slug 3
  • Missile Command
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • New Rally-X
  • Pac-Man
  • Paperboy *
  • Robotron: 2084 *
  • Root Beer Tapper *
  • Rush'n Attack
  • Samurai Shodown II
  • Shinobi
  • Smash TV *
  • Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Contra
  • Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled
  • Track & Field
  • The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
  • Tron
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 *
  • Warlords
  • Xevious
  • Yie Ar Kung-Fu

I don't see Microsoft making the games free, but agree a "Play Anywhere" could work. Thought I remember reading a interview or watching a video with Krome where they said they could do value bundles. Making a bundle with all the titles that are already on XBLA might placate those that already purchased them.

Tommy McClain

What I don't currently own.

Wow, looks like you have a way bigger complaint than I do. LOL Maybe if you buy all the rest of the Live Arcade titles you get all the Game Room for free? :LOL:

Anybody notice they still haven't put any of the new titles in the Showcase Arcade? They have a new Activision theme and it's not even there either.

Tommy McClain

Wow, looks like you have a way bigger complaint than I do. LOL Maybe if you buy all the rest of the Live Arcade titles you get all the Game Room for free? :LOL:

Anybody notice they still haven't put any of the new titles in the Showcase Arcade? They have a new Activision theme and it's not even there either.

Tommy McClain

It is quite clear that game room is either a throw-away or a test bed for Win7 phones.

Next week's titles have been announced...

@LIVEGameRoom said:
May 19th Game Release: Asteroids, Time Pilot, Demons to Diamonds, Grand Prix, Space Duel, Shark! Shark!, Stampede

Been forever since I seen or heard of Demons to Diamonds.

Tommy McClain

Next week's titles are announced...

2600 (Atari) - Haunted House
2600 (Activision) - River Raid, Spider Fighter
Arcade (Atari) - Millipede
Arcade (Konami) - Strategy X
Intellivision - Boxing, Buzz Bombers

I finally buy my first game next week. Can't wait for River Raid!

Tommy McClain

Game Pack 005 is:
Frog Bog – Intellivision
Missile Command – Arcade
Mr. Kabuki – Arcade
Skiing – Atari 2600
Video Pinball – Atari 2600

:???:

Game Pack 005 is:
Frog Bog – Intellivision
Missile Command – Arcade
Mr. Kabuki – Arcade
Skiing – Atari 2600
Video Pinball – Atari 2600

:???:

Not sure if many know this, but each Game Pack has 2 weeks worth of games. When a new Game Pack comes out if you watch the videos on the Main Menu you'll see all the games that make up that pack. So next week they will release the following...

Air-Sea Battle(2600)
Baseball(INTV)
Chopper Command(Activision)
Circus(2600)
Liberator(Atari arcade)
Motocross(INTV),
Konami's Ping Pong(Konami arcade)
River Raid II(2600),
Sky Jinks(Activision)
Video Hustler(Konami arcade)

Plus, the ticker also mentions Warlords coming in Game Pack 6. That's another game that's already on Live Arcade, unless it's the 2600 version.

Right now I'm having loads fun with River Raid. Right now I only have 2 people on my friends list who has bought Game Room games, but only 1 has bought River Raid. We're having a blast with the Challenges. It's definitely the main draw of Game Room. Playing games by yourself is only fun for a few minutes. And you can get enough of that in the 10 minute free demo. The Challenges and the Medals is the meat that makes you buy the game and keep playing. Microsoft should support Challenges and Replays on every Live Arcade and Live Indie game. Something special there.

Tommy McClain

Not sure if many know this, but each Game Pack has 2 weeks worth of games. When a new Game Pack comes out if you watch the videos on the Main Menu you'll see all the games that make up that pack. So next week they will release the following...

Air-Sea Battle(2600)
Baseball(INTV)
Chopper Command(Activision)
Circus(2600)
Liberator(Atari arcade)
Motocross(INTV),
Konami's Ping Pong(Konami arcade)
River Raid II(2600),
Sky Jinks(Activision)
Video Hustler(Konami arcade)

Plus, the ticker also mentions Warlords coming in Game Pack 6. That's another game that's already on Live Arcade, unless it's the 2600 version.

Right now I'm having loads fun with River Raid. Right now I only have 2 people on my friends list who has bought Game Room games, but only 1 has bought River Raid. We're having a blast with the Challenges. It's definitely the main draw of Game Room. Playing games by yourself is only fun for a few minutes. And you can get enough of that in the 10 minute free demo. The Challenges and the Medals is the meat that makes you buy the game and keep playing. Microsoft should support Challenges and Replays on every Live Arcade and Live Indie game. Something special there.

Tommy McClain

I don't completely agree, as I said before, I just need to see one of my friends having a larger score than mine for great (frustrating) single-player fun. As it stands Game Room has failed to hold my interest.

I don't completely agree, as I said before, I just need to see one of my friends having a larger score than mine for great (frustrating) single-player fun. As it stands Game Room has failed to hold my interest.

Don't get me wrong, Game Room isn't the Holy Grail of retro gaming. I've only bought 1 game out of the 60+ available if that tells you anything. If the titles didn't cost so much, yeah I might buy more, but that's not entirely the issue. It needs more high profile titles. Unfortunately most of the better ones are already available on XBLA. I'm going to continue to keep up with the games, but like you I may eventually loose interest too. I just hope Microsoft learns a few things from what works & fix things that don't.

Tommy McClain

Back