PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4500g...that's 9.92lbs. Which lines up with leak of around 10lbs.

That's pretty heavy. Original PS4 is about 6.17lbs.

Also with larger power outlet...

Either Sony is over-engineering it like Microsoft did with original Xbox One to reduce any potential issues with overheating or this thing is more powerful than rumored leaks?

I mean 9.92lbs is nearly 3lbs more than original Xbox One...and going back even further the original Xbox released in 2001 was 8.5lbs and that felt heavy as fuck.

also rumors about it being $450...which seems very possible to me. $450 price point let's them charge more than original PS4 launch price (which I feel like Sony would want to try to do) but not that much more.

Also slim at $299 and neo at $449 gives a $150 price gap which also seems about right to me.

$450 would pretty much mean $599 Canadian...unless Sony is real generous and prices it at $550 and even then...fuck

well it's been nice to speculate at least.

Maybe what he saw is the devkit? There was a rumor the final neo dev kits would ship around this time.

A pure guess on my part but I would think Sony would make all dev/test kits themselves in Japan (Kisarazu)? Only retail consoles made at Foxconn?

Don't understand why Sony picked the 7th when it has been pretty well known for a while that was the day Apple was doing their event.

I feel like Apple has the "right of way" just by their sheer clout.

Don't understand why Sony picked the 7th when it has been pretty well known for a while that was the day Apple was doing their event.

Speculated rather than known - and speculation based on Apple announcing last year's iPhone on an early Wednesday in September. Prior to that (2013, 2014) it was Tuesdays and in 2011 a Wednesday. That's hardly a scientific basis for Sony to pick a launch date ;-)

I feel like Apple has the "right of way" just by their sheer clout.
nothing wrong with piggy backing that day ;) Just more news on Sept 7!
Pretty sweet mockup by the community there.

As for weight, well, its possible dev kits are heavier, they do tend to hold internals that are not the same as retail. Or the leak is wrong about weight. Or there are some things about the Neo we don't quite understand.

The leaked designs don't seem like a "dev kit". Also like someone said above would they making dev kits a Foxxcon? Foxxcon seems to be involved in mass production of products in the millions.

Curious about PSVR support
Maybe the external adaptor and the splitter it's not included in The slim, but it is inside Neo

Has any leak hinted something?

It could explain the extra phatness

The leaked designs don't seem like a "dev kit". Also like someone said above would they making dev kits a Foxxcon? Foxxcon seems to be involved in mass production of products in the millions.
Generally speaking most times it's hard to visually see the difference between a dev kit and the retail unit.

The PS3 dev kits I've used all look like PS3 to me. Fairly identical looking. Under the hood is another matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally speaking most times it's hard to visually see the difference between a dev kit and the retail unit.

The PS3 dev kits I've used all look like PS3 to me. Fairly identical looking. Under the hood is another matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dev kits for consoles are usually giant heavy duty looking boxes or PC towers with very little design though aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back