PS4 Pro migration from PS4 experiences

Any opinions / side by side pictures and voices regarding how noisy the new PS4 pro is relative to the old one?

Seems loading is quicker - even the stock HDD is at least faster and at worst the same as my 7200 SSHD in old PS4. Best increase I noticed so far was Rise of TR went from 23 seconds to 17 seconds.

Any opinions / side by side pictures and voices regarding how noisy the new PS4 pro is relative to the old one?

I consider my original unit to be very loud and my Pro certainly isn't very silent either under brief Ratched & Clank test. The Pro is currently closer to the where I sit, so I need to do some further testing...

I barely have time for it, but did end up getting one. Was only 379 at MediaMarkt. There were plenty left. Will be interesting to see how things go when the holidays kick off. I don't think many people know about the Pro or even VR (there was a demo unit now).

I barely have time for it, but did end up getting one. Was only 379 at MediaMarkt. There were plenty left. Will be interesting to see how things go when the holidays kick off. I don't think many people know about the Pro or even VR (there was a demo unit now).

Yeah, today I told a fellow PS4 owner I had a Pro and he'd never heard of it! I've seen no overt marketing by Sony in the UK.

Does transfer screen looks always like that?
gJfMlFH.jpg

The traffic via router is also very low, 1mbit or something

I already posted in the other thread but since we have this specific thread, here are more details:

PS4 and PS4 Pro connected to the router TP-Link Archer C5, CAT6 cables, both PS4's had 1TB HDD, original PS4 1TB WD Blue 5400 rpm, PS4 Pro stock HDD, amount of data copied approx. 850GB and it took 2 hours. Estimates provided by PS4 were not accurate.

No migration issues. Backed up my PS4 to an external HDD, fitted a 2Tb in my PS4 Pro upon delivery, installed the 4.05 firmware, restored from the backup. AMAZ3B@LLS CONSULZ GRAFIX.

I've sold my PS4 yesteday, I elected only to back up my saves, some of my Share Button media and PT to a USB stick. I hope that PT will survive the transfer when I get the Pro. :)

Last edited:
I've sold my PS4 yesteday, I elected only to back up my saves, some of my Share Button media and PT to a USB stick. I only hope that PT will survive the transfer when I get the Pro.

PT survived my backup/restore. Two of them.

Back