[PS3] Uncharted 2

Ugh, just moved so don't have my PS3 online yet. I got a feeling I'm going to miss the whole beta.

Given that, post as much as you all can on impressions.

Ugh, just moved so don't have my PS3 online yet. I got a feeling I'm going to miss the whole beta.

Given that, post as much as you all can on impressions.

46% on the download :)

I finally got to see the E3 trailer in proper quality on my bigger than life screen.......... yeh baby YEAH

More impressions to follow :)

After watching the U2 live playtest from the direct feed Sony Press Conference on PSN, I think I see where all of these excited comments are coming from. Very impressive overall to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah the cinematic trailer was awesome as well. I guess this officially confirms Elana and Sully are back. I can't wait!

That was the best movie-style trailer for a game I've ever seen. It looks and feels like a summer blockbuster.

Ditto. Prior to seeing this, I'd felt Modern Warfare 2 had just about the best movie style trailer I'd ever seen, but the UC2 trailer has slicker editing.

You guys are too kind! :oops:
I persist on Betanumerical getting it though - after all, he was first in asking. Still very thoughtful of wanting to give it to me though. Many thanks Beta & Deepbrown! I'm sure there will be another one coming my way...

PS: Wasn't on PSN last night - was out for the birthday dinner. Glad I got that one over it! :)

It's waiting for me on my harddrive, so with a bit of luck I can join you guys tonight! (it was a US code, or at least a code that only worked with my US account)

I got a code also through the EU beta program thing, was waiting for me in my inbox when I got home last night. So I guess I'll be online later today to :D

Those of you playing the beta (I never picked up my copy of infamous after playing the demo), is there any tearing at all? How do the graphics hold up in multiplayer? Are the graphics toned down for this mode?

The important thing for me is the tearing. Even if the graphics aren't as good... I'd take lower IQ over the crazy amount of tearing from Uncharted: drakes fortune any day. The game was gorgeous but the tearing was way too distracting. Sometimes I would pan left and right just to see the tearing instead of actually playing the game.

no tearing, no drops I noticed (in contrast to UDF for which I noticed a lot of tearing, and in general I'm more bugged by tearing than drops)

In fact, I'm not sure what makes this a beta since their code seems a lot more robust than pretty much any other online game at first day.

I wonder if their code will go in SDK. (I'm a little disappointed Insomniac online tech isn't there)

edit: for some weird reason, it does crash/reboot my PS3 on quit.

Ya I've heard some complaints about the game crashing the PS3 after quitting. This is great news. I'm very tempted to pick up infamous tomorrow just to get the beta code. Does every copy have the code? I had the game preordered, just never bothered because the demo really didn't do anything for me... even though I was hyped about the game before.

I don't want to buy a copy and not have the demo code.

no tearing, no drops I noticed (in contrast to UDF for which I noticed a lot of tearing, and in general I'm more bugged by tearing than drops)

In fact, I'm not sure what makes this a beta since their code seems a lot more robust than pretty much any other online game at first day.

I wonder if their code will go in SDK. (I'm a little disappointed Insomniac online tech isn't there)

edit: for some weird reason, it does crash/reboot my PS3 on quit.

same here was playing the co-op mode yesterday and once it had finished and I quit my PS3 rebooted. Any ideas on whats casuing this, I reported it to the Bug link they provided.

From the EU blog

Ok, I have a response for you. Basically, the way the beta code is written means that it will reset the system whenever you quit the game. The team are aware of it and have assured me that it applies to all models of PS3 and it will not cause any problems with your system whatsoever.

Also, the feedback forums are being fixed and might even be up now, for all I know.

Hope this has cleared up your concerns.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009...-2-among-thieves/comment-page-1/#comment-3050

Back