[PS3] Singstar

I did a quick check. The previous firmware update allows PS3 SingStar to read from another PS3 SingStar volume. Reading from PS2 SingStar will come later.

I thought that had always worked? (dunno, never tested that)

SingStar ABBA Tracklist :cool:

"Chiquitita"
"Ring Ring"
"Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)"
"SOS"
"Take A Chance On Me"
"Summer Night City"
"Dancing Queen"
"Super Trouper"
"Does Your Mother Know"
"Thank You For The Music"
"Fernando"
"The Day Before You Came"
"Happy New Year"
"The Name Of The Game"
"Head Over Heals"
"The Winner Takes It All"
"I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do"
"Under Attack"
"Knowing Me Knowing You"
"Voulez Vous"
"Mamma Mia"
"Waterloo"
"Money Money Money"
"When All Is Said And Done"
"One Of Us"

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/914/914758p1.html

I can't see why they wouldn't unless they want to force a more profitable full-game sale? 25 tracks would be £25, probably as much profit as a BRD release, but you couldn't guarantee everyone who'd buy the disk would buy every track. It'd be a slight on digital distribution if they dpn't offer the songs on Singstore though, and my guess is they will.

No, Sony is really only doing the vol 2, 3 etc. to cater for the PS2 SingStar migration crowd that isn't necessarily into buying stuff online, for various reasons. Still not everyone has or wants to use a credit card in Europe, and those cards you've just got in the U.S. now haven't been released here yet I think. And with maybe a maximum of 60% of users active online, that leaves millions off-line who still may like some additional SingStar songs and updates. And don't forget, those discs are only half the price of a full game anway, and aren't necessarily a bad deal as a result either.

Can't say this "song pack" idea thrills me, it's only a saving of ~45p for buying 5 songs...so like buy 10 get one free - wouldn't be so bad if you could pick the songs...I mean, I like Queen, but I'm not paying £4.49 for either of those - I only really want about 4 of those tracks.

Also it would be nice if we could use PS2 singstar disks on PS3 singstar...or at least get some more 80s (pref Madness) on the store!! :D

It would be nice...but I also need it to be region free...so fingers crossed!

PS3 disc swapping is region free, but PS2 is extremely unlikely. We'll see, but it would basically require different licencing and I doubt it will happen. But who knows.

Bol.com, a Berthelsmann Online store competitor of amazon and play and the likes, sells Sony PS3 games for 79,99 euro, which is a complete rip-off that's unprecendented, imho. However, I just discovered where that money is actually going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjm4sf53pgA&NR=1

The Singstar update to 2.22 has among others improved the SingStore capabilities for searching and has improved the streaming of preview videos. This update seems to have solved my 'freezing' bug, where occasionally I would have SingStar lock up when a video stopped streaming, which is nice. Number of songs up for download is already close to 500 (488 I believe) now, so things are moving along nicely.

I think that Christmas pack is a really good idea, despite the Celine Dion song in there, and I'm very tempted to buy it regardless of Celine ;) (I thought she was ok when she still sang in French!)

That's great ! I am looking forward to SingStar ABBA (3 December).

I haven't played much SingStar because my PS3 is in the office. Wife asked me to get another PS3 and a new HDTV for home use yesterday \^o^/

I am pretty sure SingStar, Buzz!, LBP and my Blu-ray movies will be gone from the office shelves. Will need to get another LBP for myself. Once I get the Playstation Card, I'd be in heaven.

Back