[PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

It was one of the names Insomniac themselves came up with. I think it was even their favorite, but considered a bit too much. i think the difference is just too small with the actual offending term. ;)

It was one of the names Insomniac themselves came up with. I think it was even their favorite, but considered a bit too much. i think the difference is just too small with the actual offending term. ;)

Can you remind of all the Ratchet game's subtitles?

I doubt it, they recorded (some of) the cutscenes in the first PS3 game so they could load in the background. I would imagine they will do the same this time for the same reason.

Are the cutscene's real-time? I remember lots of transitions from cutscene to gameplay that looked natural in TOD

All the cutscenes in the first one are prerendered.

Seeing how they praise the graphics in the cutscenes for the new one, i'm guessing this time they'll actually run in realtime.

All the cutscenes in the first one are prerendered.

Seeing how they praise the graphics in the cutscenes for the new one, i'm guessing this time they'll actually run in realtime.

actually not all, quite a few are in game, when you start a new game+ the one with Ratchet wearing the original costume from the beginning of the game are all prerendred. The one that actually changed with what ever your characters is wearing in the game is all real time. I say about half and half.

To be clear, I meant more prerendered cutscenes, since with the new armor they will have some kind of explanation for why the cutscenes have different Ratchet than the one player customized.

What does holo-armor do ?
Since it's _holographic_, they can now switch the armor off before cutscene. :)

that would suck :(

I disagree. 99.9% of all realtime cutscenes are useless besides player customization (clothing and weapons etc.).

It really bugs me that they are never dynamic, and the in-game to cutscene transition is always as disconnected as prerendered stuff.

As long as that's the case, I see no point of keeping the cutscene realtime, total waste of resources.

The only pre-recorded cut-scenes in the first PS3 R&C game were the ones in the first level, everything else was rendered in real-time. (unless Insomniac recorded every single cut-scene 5 times for every armor variation, not to mention at insane quality settings)

The only pre-recorded cut-scenes in the first PS3 R&C game were the ones in the first level, everything else was rendered in real-time. (unless Insomniac recorded every single cut-scene 5 times for every armor variation, not to mention at insane quality settings)
Isn't that what Blu-ray's for?

Back