[PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Official NA release date is Oct 27th.

I noticed the pre-order bonus is gone from Amazon, I wonder why?

Edit: Pre-order bonus is back.

Last edited by a moderator:
New R&C is supposed to have more platforming, but probably not as much as SMG.

It reminds me more of Wind Waker's ocean exploration. I loved it (a lot !), but I heard some of the "old" gamers hate this kind of things.

Well no. I never got any of the PS2 R&C's, just R&C ToD and R&C Q4B on PS3. If there is anything in that trailer that's been done before, save for the last 2 games, then I wouldn't know.

Spherical worlds had been done long ago with multiple "world" sizes. Interplanetary space battles too, but not with that level of nonlinearity (and repetitiveness?). Quest structure is newish I guess, but need to see the amount there.

I just got a ps3. I bought some games for it: mgs4, killzone2, uncharted, heavenly sword, and R&C ToD. To be honest, apart from killzone2, R&C ToD seems to be the title that has impressed me the most graphically.

Well i can't quite put my finger on it but the game just......popped i guess. In a way i think that if more of these type of games were made for ps3 and xbox360, i think we would find this gen much more appealing. The game is so smooth and so clean. I am enjoying it a lot and i am really looking forward to the next one.

I think I can understand where you're coming from. ToD was my first R&C game. I enjoyed it immensely. It's one of the few games I replayed more than once. I didn't even bother to finish some of the "big" games.

Usually I ignore sidequests, but managed to complete most of ToD's. Every little task was a mini-game. ^_^
The clean and colorful visuals glued all the alien worlds together into a coherent whole. The only thing I had trouble with was the space battles. Glad to see they have revamped that part.

As I have said before, I think ToD together with Flower is the best game on the PS3. Everything is fun, looks great and plays even better. And you can fly in over the dinosaurs in Sargasso!

European regular edition cover art, as seen on (and stolen from) Amazon.co.uk.

2ue5ruc.jpg

I like it. I hope it's not just a placeholder to be switched to something awful at the last moment.

:oops: Indeed ! Do the preorder bonus packages apply to all retailers ? If not, what does GameStop give out ? How about BestBuy ?

EDIT: Answering my own question.

According to http://www.pressthebuttons.com/2009/07/complicated-ratchet-and-clank-preorders-begin.html

... you'll have to hit GameStop for the Discovery Package, Best Buy for the Power Package, Amazon for the Bolt Package, and Game Crazy for the Space Package. Got all that? Dividing up the bonuses in this manner is completely ridiculous. Personally, I'm inclined to go for the Discovery Package.

More new weapons revealed:

1812 will always remind me of V for Vendetta ^_^

I pre-ordered today (together with Uncharted).

Dear Insomniac,

You can put as many awesome weapons as you want, but if you don't include Sheepinator or something equivalent, your game will never be as good as Going Commando (or Up Your Arsenal with Going Commando saves).

Thank you.

My personal favorite is Groovitron. I was surprised it worked on everyone including the bosses.

If you like Sheepinator (I assume it turns people into sheeps ?), how come I never see you in Fat Princess >:) It has Chicken Potion. At least I saw xbdestroya in my Fat Princess game yesterday, and tha_con plus someone else a couple of weeks ago.

Back