[PS3] LittleBigPlanet 2

Hmmm... I am poor at net stuff, but I used the free DNS server addresses and , I gave my ps3 a static IP and put that somewhere in the router settings.
I didn't forward any ports. The game was unplayable in co-op earlier, but after these settings, I played 4 player co-op with no hassles at all.

There could have been something else I did too, I am on a mobile device right now, I'll chk later.

Is your PS3 in your router's DMZ now ?

LittleBigPlanet 2 Prius Contest is Live, Chance to Win a 3D Bravia TV:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...contest-is-live-chance-to-win-a-3d-bravia-tv/

Hello LittleBigPlanet fans! I just wanted to let you know that our “LittleBigPrius” level which we developed in conjunction with Toyota, is now available for download in LittleBigPlanet 2. You can find it through a simple text search on the Community planet—the “author” is LittleBigPartner.

As we mentioned earlier, this level is the focal point for a “create your own level” contest which officially begins today. Play our “LittleBigPrius” level to collect prize bubble items, and use these items to create your own Prius-inspired level. When you publish your level to the world, be sure to name it “Prius_ …” so that it will be easy for everyone to find.

Make sure that you get your level built and published prior to the conclusion of the contest at midnight on March 8th. That’s when we’ll take a close look at the 10 most popular levels, as determined by the LittleBigPlanet community. We’ll be judging these levels based upon originality, quality and polish

Popularity contest? So if you make the world's most awesome level, you can miss completely because there'll be ten thousand other levels vying for attention? And the ten most popular will be those from the ten currently most hearted authors, or creators with the most friends, or from the biggest communities?

I don't believe selection by who gets the most hits is at all a fair measure.

It's a community thing. Whoever is willing to sink the time/effort to promote their levels stand a better chance to win. But a truly brilliant level may triumph these individual relationship building projects.

It's a community thing. Whoever is willing to sink the time/effort to promote their levels stand a better chance to win.
Isn't that precisely the wrong focus for LBP though? I mean, isn't LBP all about creators doing wonderful creative things, and not publicity/marketing people being good at publicity and marketing? Wouldn't you rather any prizes go to whoever created the best level rather than whoever was the best marketeer? Things like the X Factor and Britain's Got Talent work because each act gets the same neutral exposure (although there is still a thinning phase and I know an amazing classically trained singer who didn't even get past the first round of X Factor despite being ten times the singer most contestants are) - every act is seen by everyone and they pick their favourite. This Prius competition means you have to take your act to as many people as possible, with the added support that if you get popular enough at first, you'll make the Popular list and your popularity will snowball making it all the harder for newcomers to get noticed. It's akin to X Factor where only people with Facebook accounts with 10,000 followers or more are allwoed to enter, rather than an ability to sing.

I appreciate a desire for a preselection process so judges don't have to see every single one thousands of levels, but they need a better scoring system that just popularity.

Even for those talent programs, people who have more friends/money can potentially mobilize more people to vote. The outcome will still be determined by the collective masses -- unless the number of votes is very small and no entries stand out. We will know when we play the winning levels.

Again, this has nothing to do with LBP. LBP has the MM picks, and all sorts of other ways to find new levels (including hot this week, new this week, most played this month and god knows what), see your friends' wall and play levels from there, see their favorites, up to and including 'jump in' to get a random one plus the clearly highlighted MM picks, which is a good list too.

This particular competition however is a commercial marketing type affair, and I wasn't kidding when I said that this is the best way to do it for that reason - you want people to market your car brand as effectively as possible to other people as they can, using any means available in and around the game, but at the same time still leaving some room open to pick the one of the 10 levels that make the final list that is actually fun to play or isn't a popular hate Prius type level, etc., and leaving a lot of the annoying and expensive sifting through all entries to the community (e.g. cost-effective).

This is a competition for who is the best bargain Prius marketeer that very little money can buy.

This particular competition however is a commercial marketing type affair, and I wasn't kidding when I said that this is the best way to do it for that reason - you want people to market your car brand as effectively as possible to other people as they can, using any means available in and around the game, but at the same time still leaving some room open to pick the one of the 10 levels that make the final list that is actually fun to play or isn't a popular hate Prius type level, etc., and leaving a lot of the annoying and expensive sifting through all entries to the community (e.g. cost-effective).

This is a competition for who is the best bargain Prius marketeer that very little money can buy.
Ah, yes. From the viewpoint of Toyota, that's who they want to reward, you're right. I won't be entering then. ;)

It can benefit all 3 parties: GG, Toyota and the users. ^_^

Hungry users who want to win or express themselves can come up with good ideas. The other 2 parties have business reasons to support this.

As long as they make all the participating levels easy to find, it should be ok. A good title should be able to enjoy multiple levels of referral. Those pushed by relationships are typically one level only. We'll get to play them after the tournament anyway.

The mechanics and inner workings of LBP2 are proving to be somewhat problematic. I wish MM provided full documentation. At the moment they're leaving it to the community to create the wiki, but there's stuff we just don't that MM do.

I started creating a four player Tanks game about a week ago. Within 24 hours I had the core mechanics of a tank vehicle. It took a little work to get a fixed UI, but that was solvable just by thinking things through. However, actually having a correct scoring mechanic is proving a nightmare! You award points with the Score Giver, set to either Just You or Everyone. The problem with the Just You option is there's no straightforward way to tell the Score Giver who eactly "you" is! It turns out that along with digital and analogue signals, there's an identity signal you have to worry about, and working with it isn't easy at all. Thus the idea that you can have a shot which awards points upon impact to whoever shot it, which seems so straight forward in principle (Impact Sensor connected to Score Giver), can grow into a complex task. I've been recommended to try a tagged sensor or the power out from a DCS receiver, but none works in one case.

Thus so far I have nothing to show for my time with LBP2 :(

I :love: gimmicks like this:

Thought I'd see them in EA Create. :(

Does LBP2 support YouTube publishing ?
(Doesn't look like it does).

I thought labelled tags and tagsensors would let you separate signals?
Yes, in principle, but there's not an official player selection process with Score Givers and you can't just supply a tagged input.

Does LBP2 support YouTube publishing ?
(Doesn't look like it does).
No. It's a much wanted feature, especially with the new movie options.

Also I see the Prius competition is US only. I feel like creating an Anti Pruis level, with a parody of the Top Gear team dropping pianos and caravans on eco-nuts. :devilish:

No. It's a much wanted feature, especially with the new movie options.

Also I see the Prius competition is US only. I feel like creating an Anti Pruis level, with a parody of the Top Gear team dropping pianos and caravans on eco-nuts. :devilish:

Get Jaeyden or someone in US to submit for you. Might win something. Who knows ?! :devilish:

EDIT: Wait a minute, I'm in US. I can submit fer ya if you want !

There's no way it'd win because the Toyota judges wouldn't allow it. The end result has to show an understanding of the Prius brand, or some such crock. So there has to be lots of bunny rabbits and flowers and birdies and happy people.

As for my tanks game, there is a straightforward solution for being able to determine exactly who to award points to, so my game is working! Just have to create the specific maps.

Hmmm. I'm hitting some of the frustrations from LBP. I've spent most of today not creating my arenas, but tracking impossible bugs. Logic can break between objects. A tag sensor can be triggered by one object but not another, even when the sensor logic is copied and pasted from another working object. Sometimes they can be 'fixed' by deleting an object and rebuilding it. I'll have to try that with my yellow tank, which doesn't take mine damage.

Back