[PS3] LittleBigPlanet 2

Unless MM has private arrangement with the creators, these levels "as is" will be gone in the production release.

Actually some of the best beta levels were transferred to the LBP1 servers to showcase them to the press. If they are already on there, and we can play all LBP1's community levels in LBP2, in theory we should be able to play the levels that were transferred there as well. How it turns out is a different matter entirely of course. And if not, I'm sure most of them will quickly be remade.

Gamespot review! The most comprehensive review uptill now, but even he forgot to mention LBP.me. The game has so much that it is just impossible to talk about everything. Still, much better than the IGN review< I think that guy didn't even play enough !

LittleBigPlanet 2 Livestream: One Little Big World Record:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25464049&postcount=1

LittleBigPlanet 2 is set to be released tomorrow. Sony is hosting a special event to break some records!

The event is from January 17-19. Starts today at 3pm EST.

Here's the list of records they plan to set:

Longest Marathon playing a platform game
Most User-Generated videogame levels played in a marathon
Most gaming genres in one videogame
Most videogame genres played in one videogame in 24 hours
Most user-generated videogame levels played in 24 hours
Longest marathon playing LBP2

GAF member donkey show and Jaeyden will be there during the event along with the first season PlayStation Tester contestant Luge!

Live Stream and other tidbits:

http://gamingworldrecord.ign.com/

Jaeyden is a B3D member too.

Schedule is in the link above…

Jan 17 starts @ 3:00pm [strike](PST ?)[/strike] (EST) … starts in about 15 minutes from now.
Jan 18 starts @ 10:00am
Jan 19 starts @ 10:00am

Jaeyden makes really cool levels :) !

EDIT: Watched some gameplay streaming and man, this game is like th eperfect family game or something ! You can really play any game youlike in this sequel ! One moment they were basically playing "Duck Hunt" and the nest time I checked they were catching eggs in baskets ! :p

I think LBP2 is the biggest deterrent of piracy for fans. You just can't risk losing online if you love LBP !

Last edited by a moderator:
The game is now in my possession. :cool: Going to boot it up now, but have to go to bed soon after because really tired.

Ok, my first impression is that the game looks incredibly clean both in terms of graphics and presentation. There's a small install to harddrive, and then an option to import your existing LBP profile, which is nice. The opening scene is similar as before which gives a good introduction to the basics, but they've playfully enhanced this 'entrance' to show off a few of the new features, and the whole environment responds to you much more. It also smoothly proceeds to the actual story in a neat way.

The user interface is very clean and very nice. The two levels that I cued up a while ago present themselves very nicely, and all my work in progress levels are on my moon as I left them in LBP1. I got a bunch of pins partly based on my previous work, like a lot of 'long term publisher' pins as I have had levels uploaded since 2008. This time, you can actually see your progress in detail - I could see that for instance my published level 250 times played badge was standing at 226/250 or something like that. The first Badge that contains the first 7 levels to play are basically all additional training levels, so the entry into this game is much smoother than it was for the first one, although not as warm and fuzzy in terms of art if you ask me.

Overall I'm getting a very positive vibe from the game and really look forward to playing it more and going into! It is really very, very polished and nice.

Does it still take an eternity to get to your moon from booting up? LB1 had like 2 minutes of loading and connecting.

Overall I'm getting a very positive vibe from the game and really look forward to playing it more and going into! It is really very, very polished and nice.

So how is Move for this game ? To be honest I didn't like the first one, I actually hated it. I was holding the box for LBP2 today but the salesman didn't know anything about Move support, so I passed. I know it includes that prehistoric two player demo thingy. But is that it ? Does the one-player game support Move ?

There's no Move support in LBP2 at the moment. MM have said they want to do it properly, and Move appeared to late in the day to design it in. I expect a patch providing Move controllinator access within 6 months.

To those with the game, is there the same issue of LBP1 in that to unlock the creation items, you have to find them? That was a frustration that those wanting to create had to play the game first and missed out on some collectables, turning part of the game into a chore.

There's no Move support in LBP2 at the moment. MM have said they want to do it properly, and Move appeared to late in the day to design it in. I expect a patch providing Move controllinator access within 6 months.

Is there anything official in this regard ? I saw the video of them demoing the creation mode with Move. Will it be a patch or is it a DLC ?

Alex Evans said so.

Our philosophy is anything we do, we have to give to the community so they can use it in their own levels. For us, I think the Direct Control Seat is the obvious answer to how to use Move. So, right now, players can use the Direct Control Seat to decide how the Sixaxis affects your level, and we'd like to do the same thing for the Move. We have something like that internally, but it's not fully built. We're working with another studio to help us prototype out what Move could be, and those levels will be on the disc at launch (now released as Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves), to show players what they'll be able to build.

Then what we'll do after launch is release a patch is we'll add the creative tools, so what we'll do is put these Move levels on the disc at launch, which, most people play LittleBigPlanet, and not everyone wants to create. But give us a little bit more time, we'll put the create tools in, and then the community can run with Move. And I'm really looking forward to that point, because then it's not our problem to create Move levels anymore. We can build some to inspire people, like with the Sixaxis.

To those with the game, is there the same issue of LBP1 in that to unlock the creation items, you have to find them? That was a frustration that those wanting to create had to play the game first and missed out on some collectables, turning part of the game into a chore.

That's still how it works in LBP2. Only this time you already have everything you've collected in LBP1.

Does it still take an eternity to get to your moon from booting up? LB1 had like 2 minutes of loading and connecting.

Nope, it seems much much faster. Maybe I'll time how fast you can get into the game for you in a little while. This is probably because it installs key items to the harddrive, though there are undoubtedly all sorts of other performance improvements as well, because everything that has to do with online just seems waaay snappier.

LBP2 just ooozes quality when you interface with it - it is hard not to be impressed.

And yeah, collecting seems to work the same, and yeah, you can import every object and item you own from LBP1 into LBP2, though one or two paid DLC costumes didn't seem to make it over, may have to check why (perhaps need to redownload).

Is LBP2 like a collectors edition of LBP1 so that it comes with all levels and goodies from the first game (incl DLC)?
Do you need to insert LBP1 disc to play/import to HDD?

That's still how it works in LBP2. Only this time you already have everything you've collected in LBP1.
Didn't collect any musical instruments in LBP1. ;) In answer to Npl, AFAIK there are none of the DLC in LBP2. There was a complaint in the beta from those who paid for content about paid-for content being freely available to Beta users and they felt like they were getting ripped-off. As LBP's got a strong added-content market, it's almost certain the majority of add-on content remains something to buy. And you could spend significant money if you bought it all! I hope LBP2 comes with a suitable range of costumes that it doesn't become necessary to spend money on getting more in order to make good movies.

Back