PS3 Launch buyers. . .what games will you take home with you?

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
Title pretty much says it all. . .interested in knowing what games you intend to buy at the same time as your PS3.

I don't see anything on the list that is calling my name besides resistance. Maybe genji if it doesnt suck?

Here's the list for those scoring at home:

The List of Launch Window Titles Includes: SCEA Launch Titles
Resistance: Fall of Man(TM)
NBA 07
Genji: Days of the Blade(TM)

Third Party Publisher Titles*
Blazing Angels(TM) Squadrons of WWII Ubisoft
Call of Duty(R)3 Activision
Fight Night Round 3
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Bethesda Softworks
F.E.A.R.(TM)
Full Auto(TM)2: Battlelines Sega
Madden NFL(TM) 07
MARVEL(TM):ULTIMATE ALLIANCE(TM)
Mobile Suit Gundam(R):
CROSSFIRE(TM) N
NBA 2K7 2K Sports
Need For Speed(TM) Carbon
NHL(R) 2K7 2K Sports RIDGE RACER(
Sonic the Hedgehog Sega
Tiger Woods PGA Tour(
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six(R) Vegas
Tony Hawk's Project 8(TM) Activision
Untold Legends Dark Kingdom(TM) PLAYSTATION(R)

This is assuming i can get one on launch day of course...

EDIT: And right on cue, i saw my first PS3 commercial on TV, the one with the creepy baby...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Geo
I'm bringing Resistance home, and I think Final Fantasy XII and the new Valkyrie Profile as well. ;)

Maybe Sonic if it takes me back to the old-school.

I thot about providing the list, but its a "window" list. . .actual launch DAY titles are still in the air? Or at least undisclosed?

resistance
cod3
marvel ultimate alliance
and rainbow six vegas
should be a fun 4 way party!
I cant wait.

On day one I plan on getting....
60GB PS3
ds0gig_box.jpg

Extra Controller
PS1/PS2 memory card adaptor

As for games...
Resistance: Fall of man
Rainbow Six: Vegas
NBA 2k7
Genji: Days of the Blade

Downloadables...
-flOw
-blast factor
*and ill see what else that have available

PS1 games:
I'll see when they announce which ones will be available in NA (japan list is in the main console forum IIRC)

Also plan on getting these sometime before xmas...
Fight Night Round 3
Ridge Racer 7
Full Auto 2 (depending on the reviews)

and I think Final Fantasy XII and the new Valkyrie Profile as well. ;)
Yeah I'm thinking about bringing bully and okami in if I can catch a discount/sale on them. :LOL:
I'll be broke this holiday thats for sure.

I thot about providing the list, but its a "window" list. . .actual launch DAY titles are still in the air? Or at least undisclosed?

Sorry forgot it was a 'window' list which sort of goes against the spirit of the thread... I'll see if theres a launch list somewheres but i dont recall anything official. I would think the launch titles would need to be gold (or is it blu) any day now?

-Resistance
-Ridge Racer 7
-Gears of War :D

Along with an extra controller and a PS1/PS2 memory card adapter. FFXI should be arriving at my door around that time as well. A lot of gaming.

Waiting for Reviews:
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance
-Genji

If those turn out to be any good, I'll grab them as well.

Sorry forgot it was a 'window' list which sort of goes against the spirit of the thread... I'll see if theres a launch list somewheres but i dont recall anything official. I would think the launch titles would need to be gold (or is it blu) any day now?

Resistance is confirmed for Day 1. Its also launching on Day 1 in Japan, by the way. So, maybe we can grab it a little early from shops over here too?

I would think the launch titles would need to be gold (or is it blu) any day now?
Yeah, I think many might have gone already. IIRC resistance has been finished and is off to manufacturing, but I dont think there was any official announcement.

Resistance is the only thing that stands out. Everything else of note is multi-platform so more than likely I'll gamefly em for my 360.

I'll be picking up FFXII aswell if that counts (hate the PS3 doesn't do anything to improve the visuals of PS2 games though :( )

On day one I plan on getting....
60GB PS3
ds0gig_box.jpg

Extra Controller
PS1/PS2 memory card adaptor

As for games...
Resistance: Fall of man
Rainbow Six: Vegas
NBA 2k7
Genji: Days of the Blade

Downloadables...
-flOw
-blast factor
*and ill see what else that have available

PS1 games:
I'll see when they announce which ones will be available in NA (japan list is in the main console forum IIRC)

Also plan on getting these sometime before xmas...
Fight Night Round 3
Ridge Racer 7
Full Auto 2 (depending on the reviews)

Yeah I'm thinking about bringing bully and okami in if I can catch a discount/sale on them. :LOL:
I'll be broke this holiday thats for sure.

Wow you're rich, after taxes that's a grand.

If I was getting a PS3 the top 2 titles that interest me would be Resistance and COD3.

Why is Crossfire on that PS3 launch games list? I only remember seeing snippets of it at X06 and it looked like an awesome generic FPS (if there is such a thing, lol). But anyway, I couldn't find much about it. Now you're telling me it's PS3 launch? Somehow I doubt it.
________
Web shows

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow you're rich, after taxes that's a grand.
I wish. Broke college student here. :LOL:
I had saved up some money for the ps3 way back before it was delayed so It's not like I'm paying it all at once. :)
Why is Crossfire on that PS3 launch games list? I only remember seeing snippets of it at X06 and it looked like an awesome generic FPS (if there is such a thing, lol). But anyway, I couldn't find much about it. Now you're telling me it's PS3 launch? Somehow I doubt it.
If you are referring to mobile suit gundam, it's not the same one bandai is making on the 360 AFAIK. Not a FPS at all as well.

As of now there are no enhancements. Maybe with a firmware upgrade later down the road.
We will have to see how upscaling the resolution looks I suppose.

Wow! That really sucks. I was looking forward to playing Okami and Shadow of the Colossus in 720P.

Where did you get this information by the way? Could you post up a link?

Wow! That really sucks. I was looking forward to playing Okami and Shadow of the Colossus in 720P.

Where did you get this information by the way? Could you post up a link?

I suspect the games will be upscaled. Not that it will do anything for how they look...

Back