[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best pre-order deal comes from amazon. You get $20 credit,2 retro maps, 3 unlock points to use how ever you want in mp, and RELEASE DATE DELIVERY the day it comes out for only a dollar. I'ts pretty wicked, the $20 alone is worth it
http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-3-Playstation/dp/B002I0K6DG/

Cool thanks for that, just pre-ordered it. I got $20 Amazon credit when I ordered GT5, used it for LBP2 at Amazon which also gave me a new $20 Amazon credit, which I just used for KZ3 at Amazon that has yet again given me a new $20 Amazon credit. All with free shipping every time. Amazon is awesome :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-killzone-3

"an audio-visual experience that propels Killzone 3 way ahead of its competitors:"

Nicely done article. Supremely impressed by Guerilla Games' effort in all 3 modes. The improved input mechanism sounds useful for other games too.

Judging from other B3D posts, it seems that people are interested in cross PS3 game comparison as well (e.g., MLAA in GoW3, LBP2 and KZ3). Would be superb if GG folks can be involved to talk about their tech. We used to get these tech videos last 2 years. Much less this year. :(

I'm with you man... :( Maybe they will patch it in, co-op game structure is ready.

I think their community manager said online co-op patch is not in the plan. May be they will reconsider if people tell GG they want to pay for it. :devilish:

I don't mind 3D work though since I should have one by end of this year. :cool:

Cool thanks for that, just pre-ordered it. I got $20 Amazon credit when I ordered GT5, used it for LBP2 at Amazon which also gave me a new $20 Amazon credit, which I just used for KZ3 at Amazon that has yet again given me a new $20 Amazon credit. All with free shipping every time. Amazon is awesome :)
Thats great, the $10-20 credit is what keeps me going to amazon too, you get the release date shipping for one dollar, and still receive the preorder bonuses. Just used the credit for the next game, or maybe even save it to purchase PS MOVE(yeah i haven't bought it yet:oops:).
For those who have psmove already, you guys can even use the $20 credit towards the "sharpshooter", literally chopping the price in half!

Cant see the point in the sharpshooter thing myself after playing quite a bit of KZ3. A big part of what makes it great with move is that with a bit of practice you can move about as easily as with the dualshock with just little flicks of the wrist, thats going to be lost with the sharpshooter from what i can see. Move isnt like a lightgun either, movement of the crosshair doesnt line up with the exact point your aiming.

I think it's a personal feel thing. I'd love to have a two-hand hold controller gun for KZ3, if I'm like 10 years younger. :p

I'll wait and see if other games use it. Something my kid and wife can play.

All of this extra controller stuff, don't people get tired? I mean holding the move out in front of you is quite an exercise. I can not envision that using the sharpshooter thingy would be any different, heck just standing for x hours of game play will be tiring.

Cant see the point in the sharpshooter thing myself after playing quite a bit of KZ3. A big part of what makes it great with move is that with a bit of practice you can move about as easily as with the dualshock with just little flicks of the wrist, thats going to be lost with the sharpshooter from what i can see. Move isnt like a lightgun either, movement of the crosshair doesnt line up with the exact point your aiming.

I was having lots of misalignment too in Killzone 3 which I talked about here. Patsu told me to try and point the Move directly to the camera and at a complete horizontal position when I am asked to during the calibration. I tried that once, and well what do you know. It was almost perectly aligned after that (meaning when I pointed the controller directly at the center of the screen the cursor was almost exactly pointing at the center. I didnt try it again since then, but I wonder if I can align it completely. I didnt check if the cursor was pointing exactly where I was pointing the move at any other section of the screen though

All of this extra controller stuff, don't people get tired? I mean holding the move out in front of you is quite an exercise. I can not envision that using the sharpshooter thingy would be any different, heck just standing for x hours of game play will be tiring.
You don't have to have Move out in front of you. Let your arm rest on your leg, almost like holding a Dualshock controller. Think E3 demo with SOCOM 4. The same could go for the Sharpshooter. You don't have to stand.

You don't have to have Move out in front of you. Let your arm rest on your leg, almost like holding a Dualshock controller. Think E3 demo with SOCOM 4. The same could go for the Sharpshooter. You don't have to stand.

I agree that you can do it with the move, but the sharpshooter? You going to fire from the hip 100% of the time? Or is the plan to sit down and hold the sharpshooter at shoulder height?

To me this is the problem with these new movement things

I agree that you can do it with the move, but the sharpshooter? You going to fire from the hip 100% of the time? Or is the plan to sit down and hold the sharpshooter at shoulder height?

With all due respect, if you have a problem with movement controllers that they make you move ... doh. The sharshooter is intended to make you feel like you're holding a rifle. If you wouldn't notice it was there at all, it would fail to do its job. That you're not interested in holding a rifle while playing first person shooters is perfectly fine! Then this is simply not for you.

I was having lots of misalignment too in Killzone 3 which I talked about here. Patsu told me to try and point the Move directly to the camera and at a complete horizontal position when I am asked to during the calibration. I tried that once, and well what do you know. It was almost perectly aligned after that (meaning when I pointed the controller directly at the center of the screen the cursor was almost exactly pointing at the center.

Yeah, you don't have to line it up horizontally. Just make sure you line up your arm's length, and the light ball with the camera. Don't line up your eye, light ball and camera in a straight line.

I didnt try it again since then, but I wonder if I can align it completely. I didnt check if the cursor was pointing exactly where I was pointing the move at any other section of the screen though

Heh, I did that initially. Became a mini-game by itself. Should focus on the real game !

I imagine you can recline on a couch and rest the attachment somewhat on your laps.

Sometimes I calibrate the Move off-center deliberately so that I can rest the controllers on my laps and play the entire game. In other words, I optimize/calibrate for comfort.

I haven't played KZ3 yet, but when I calibrated for "The Shoot" demo, I held the Move controller horizontal as if it were the barrel of a gun and I aimed it at the camera as if I were using a real gun and it was perfect.

Can't wait to get my SS and KZ3.

So ive completed Killzone 3, what a great game. Probably the most fun ive had with a game for years, and i think a lot of that has to do with Move. Its the first game i think ive ever played where ive started a new game directly after completeing it. Played the whole thing through in one session, probably took around 7 hours in total. Really dont understand some of the lower review scores. Maybe without move (or for those that have done a lot of FPS gaming on Wii?) it doesnt feel so fresh and unique i guess. For me it was a real treat from start to finish. 10/10 and i havent even played the multiplayer yet outside of the beta map. Best FPS campaign i have played in recent years and the only FPS that comes close to the amount of fun i had with this was the original Halo.

Last edited by a moderator:
does the game have any boss battle? GG said KZ2 would have amazing bosses but it was a joke compare to Killzone liberation.

There are a few what you might call boss battles when thinking about it but the game does a good job of not making them feel obvious and out of place, if that makes any sense. This battle was a great experience:
5264225341_b00ab475cf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back