[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that last picture is not new. It was released around the same time as the first leak.

IMHO, the masked Helghast woman is more attractive than the woman with fake boobs.
[size=-2] Read too many PlayBoy magazines when I was young. Burnt out already. :no:[/size]

What, really:)? I thought that "helghast woman" looked like a teenager dude judging from the silhouette. Just for the record though, I'm not a fan of implants or fake stuffs neither:).
Now about the pic, if it's from the last batch then where's the high res one Patsu bro?

I dont think that screenshot is from last batch, its new.

IMHO, the masked Helghast woman is more attractive than the woman with fake boobs.
That's Sophie Howard & those are natural boobs :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[Close eyes]

I'm married.
I'm married.
I'm married.

She lied about her boobs ! But I don't want to derail a KZ3 thread. So I'll concede.

Just watched the jetpack video. Reminds me of Transformer and old Japanese anime.

I think to counter the Helghast's angular, sleek high-tech look, Guerilla Games should introduce Sol Bianca's art style to the Earth forces. May be KZ4, if not KZ3 ? :p

I liked Sol Bianca because of the following concepts:

* The white ship's UI is designed around plants and garden, representative of Earth.

* Unlike old school Star Trek space travel, they had space jump right on the surface of the planet ocean, which was very cool (at that time).

* Beyond photon torpedoes and straight lasers, Sol Bianca employed a "water-like" laser that whips and cuts through enemy ships -- like swinging/flinging your home's shower head. :) [PS Move]

* Its main weaponry is a holographic goddess with bow (like Artemis). [Think 3D and PS Move]

Except for the "water" laser, you can see all of the above in this video:

After that, may be I'll like the Earth forces more. ;-)

EDIT: The UCN is said to be more advanced than the ISA right ?

Wow, motion blur is gone :cry:

The overall motion of the game seem faster (I've heard 60fps rumors), but I wouldn't count out motion blur yet. Could just be disabled for performance in early builds.

The movement of snow in the wind looks great. But...annoying short :devilish:

I think you'll see a few at the very least temporary changes in rendering for the 3D implementation. They may end up putting some effects back depending on whether or not you're running in 3D or not, but we won't find out about that until early next year I think. We've basically got a God of War 3 situation here, where the early build that eventually became the demo and the final version were far more different than your average demo / full game would have been.

Come on people it wouldn't be a killzone game without some kind of motion blur. MB was heavily emphasized by the team on kz2 as if it's their bread and butter, I strongly doubt they'll take it out in the end. Also most of the character models and animations were from kz2 and they just recently implemented the new models in the latest version, so what's stopping them from tweaking the motion blur anyway?

It's the cheapest post processing effect in KZ2:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1433785&postcount=150

Bloom + Lens Reflection : 13.1% of 1 SPU (2.6% of 5 SPUs)
Motion Blur : 9.5% of 1 SPU (1.9% of 5 SPUs)
Depth of Field : 23% of 1 SPU (4.6% of 5 SPUs)

Given that they are still experimenting with stereoscopic 3D implementation, I don't expect them to put it any blurring yet (since some complained that it caused headache in 3D).

I figure it's more important for them to nail down the framerate and resolution for stereoscopic 3D/split screen/co-op first. Then add the post processing where appropriate.

Regarding the possibility of dynamic light shafts, aren't the lens flares similar technology? They come from light sources (even explosions!) based on the players view, get occluded by objects, and can even be split by small objects in between (eg looking at light through a grate the lens flare can look "grated").

I've been playing the KZ2 MP again & while doing so I thought the same.
The game already has static light shafts & has lights that look volumetric but aren't interactive...but then you have the lens flare in KZ2 interactive from objects & stuff, imo KZ2 has the most amazing Lens Flare I've ever seen in a game.

Just saw the teaser, Looks great !
Its good to be back at Helghan ! :)
What scans is everyone talking about at the beginning of this thread? Can someone PM me the links !

EDIT: Just saw the two concept arts ! The second one is freaking amazing :O !
@ultragpu: it was internal lens reflection ! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back