PS3 European Game Prices

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Something I just noticed on (UK based) Play.com. Most games are Euro 61.99 as usual (delivered), but Resistance, Motorstorm and Ridge Racer are now down to 46.49 (delivered). That's a nice little discount right there, that I hadn't heard about. Or you could say that gamestores have been marking it up of course, as I seem to remember some of these titles were also priced similarly in Japan.

Here in Mediamarkt (Belgium) I pay about +/- 54€ for a PS3 game. At the launch in our local convenience store PS3 games were available for about 47€ a 52€. You have also offcourse the more "specialized" shops that ask about 69€ or even 75€.

I pay about 55€ for xbox 360 games. But normally I import my (region free) xbox 360 games from asia because they are dirt cheap +/- 30€.

Something I just noticed on (UK based) Play.com. Most games are Euro 61.99 as usual (delivered), but Resistance, Motorstorm and Ridge Racer are now down to 46.49 (delivered). That's a nice little discount right there, that I hadn't heard about.

It's cheaper to buy stuff using Pounds from Play. Currently 30 pounds is about 43.9 Euros and that's what they charge you if you don't change the prices to Euros in the Play website. The difference is quite big and I hate that policy, but I quess it's quite clever for them. I'm probably "saved" 100 Euros in my lifetime by using pounds there.

In house Sony PS3 games all retail @ £39.99 anyway.

I guess that still includes the markup for the store. Those games being about £30 now is no different than the games that retail @ £49.99 being £40.00 now.

Old news! It was announced ages ago that Sony first-party titles weren't being priced up from last-gen prices.

Really? Play was always showing Sony titles at a budget, AFAIK (not that I went looking much, seeing as I don't own a PS3...)

Really? Play was always showing Sony titles at a budget, AFAIK (not that I went looking much, seeing as I don't own a PS3...)

If that were so I would have mentioned it here earlier because 1) I own a PS3 and 2) I go to Play.com a lot. ;)

In fact, I'm fairly confident it wasn't like this yet when I ordered GoW2, MGS:pO and Buzz x 2 the first of this month.

Motorstorm has been 30 notes on there for a good while.

I was annoyed as I bought it for £34 from Asda thinking I wouldn't get it much cheaper than that :LOL:

I've been in a lot of stores today and yesterday hunting for Forza Motorsport 1 (couldn't find it - in fact almost no Xbox games anywhere anymore), and none of them has any PS3 game priced under 60 euros. (That includes, by the way, Media Markt)

So for me, still, the lower price on Play.com is definitely special. And I'm guessing that most stores either don't know yet, or are just consciously screwing us over (betting on the latter, though not excluding the former as a possibility).

Since you are from holland you may check budgetgaming.nl . You can find the cheapest store online for a particulary game/platform. You even may find a copy of Forza ;)

Back